LA area teacher looking to apply to virtual schools in OC. Any tips on the transition?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by BessKnees, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BessKnees

BessKnees New Member

Feb 15, 2017

Hi,
    I work at a brick and mortar elementary charter but it's stressful to point where I don't want to teach anymore. I want to clear my credential though, which can be done by working at a virtual school. Does anyone have experience completing BTSA while working at an online school? I've heard the online school workload can be intense but is it worse than working at charter in LA? Help

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Feb 15, 2017

Have you considered applying to public districts?

4. BessKnees

BessKnees New Member

Feb 15, 2017

I have. Public schools are incredibly difficult to get into.
    Charters are challenging though and I don't know if I have another year of this in me. This why I'm asking about online schools.

5. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Feb 15, 2017

I'm in northern CA now, but started my career in socal. Hiring up here is pretty great now compared to what it once was, but I guess it's still not so great in southern CA. If you'd consider LAUSD, I'm sure they'd be the most likely to hire. I was just asking about public because most of what I've heard about online charters in CA is negative. Granted, I have no personal experience. I have worked at two brick and mortar charters - in both parts of the state - and actually got very lucky with both. But I know many charters in LA can be miserable.