Know Anyone Famous?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 19, 2008.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 21, 2008

I always wanted to meet Jean-Luc Brassard when I was younger. Actually I used to tell everyone when I was in high school I was going to marry him (haha). I never did get to meet him.

I also, walked down the aisle at my aunts wedding with a man that used to play for the Calgary Flames. I can't remember his name for the life of me now. But I told everyone about it for years after the wedding (which was fall 1989).

2. misteacher

misteacher Companion

Nov 21, 2008

I've shaken hands with Frankie Avalon. He was very tan and very sweet.

I taught Jessie "The Body" Ventura's son in Elementary school long before Jessie became Governor of MN. He bought my brother's best friend's grandmother's house on the Mississippi River.

George Wallace (the comedian) was standing behind me in line at Tuesday Morning. I recognized him when he started talking on his cell phone.

Steve Harvey (the comedian) and his entourage ran directly into me at the Bellagio and no one bothered to apologize.

I've met Eddie Money and got his autograph. My friend got a hug and a kiss from him.

I've met a few sports stars like Kirby Puckett, Dino Ciccerelli, and Joel Otto (who went to college with me).

Mrs. K- I loved Greg Evigan! I cut out pictures from Teen Beat and such and put them up in my bedroom when I was a young teen. I still get excited when I see him in a Lifetime movie. I know- what a dweeb! Ah, puppy love crushes! Great memories!

3. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 21, 2008

Tom Arnold (Roseanne's ex-husband) on a plane this summer. He was very nice.

Andy Gibb outside the taping of Solid Gold. He was snotty. Marilyn McCoo was very gracious.

Coby Bryant and family a few times in church during the rape scandle.

Rod Stewart on the streets of Laguna Beach many years ago (My bf and I chased him down the streets. He lost us)

Jan Brady (Eve Plumb) She lives a few doors from my brother and walks her dog with him. I haven't met her.

Mike Witt (former pitcher of the Angels) family friend

Susan Anton at the market. Very pretty

Rex Hudler (Angels announcer) went on a party bus with him.

4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 21, 2008

Let me see . . .

I know that he met Matthew Ashford before we were married. I was crazy about him when he was on Search for Tomorrow and then early on in Days.

We both met Farah Fath when she was Mimi. We met her at a charity event, and then I ended up shopping at her mother's boutique a time or two.

I also met one other one with him. Ah . . .geez. He was a doctor--maybe? Kevin something or other? He was singing at an event we attended. We ended up getting our photo made with him and Santa.

I think the others he met were from Young & the Restless and General Hospital, but had maybe been on Days at some point. DH's music jobs put him home during soap times, so he watches them. :rolleyes:

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 21, 2008

I only know Greg Evigan best when he was on My Two Dads. Much later, he was in several episodes of Melrose Place. I think he looks better w/o the beard.

I know every Brady Bunch episode backward & forward. I'm not obsessed by any means by any celeb, but she'd probably be a cool person to walk the dog with.

On a slightly different note, which celeb would you LIKE TO MEET?

For me, it's:

Michael J. Fox - LOVED him when I was a pre-teen & teen & I loved Family Ties.

Mark-Paul Gosselear - Thought he was cute.

Grant Show from Melrose Place, my fave show.

Tori Spelling from 90210, another fave show. She seems down to earth.

While we're at it, I wouldn't mind meeting Will Smith, Brad Pitt, or Gabrielle Union.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2008

I loved Matthew Ashford when he was on there! Farah wasn't my favorite person just because of Mimi's relationship with Shawn. And the only doctor I remember is Dr. Craig (Chloe's dad) and the doc on there now (Daniel).

7. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

Nov 21, 2008

I was once at NASA and Jay Leno was there filming for his show. I didn't get to meet him, but it was still neat to see him there.

8. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Nov 22, 2008

Bill Engvall (Blue Collar Comedy) is my second cousin. My dad and Grandmother are close to him.

9. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Nov 22, 2008

I know that area, in fact we considered moving there. I'll have to tell dh that's where the show is based from. I think they mention Downingtown as the setting at some point.

10. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2008

Well, my hubby & I went to school with the guy from the Miller High Life & Dr. Pepper commercials. He was just as funny (and loud) back in school.

I have met celebrities, but my husband met a lot when he was in the ARMY. He had his picture taken w/ most of the WWE (including John Cena right before he made it big) and a lot of the "big" characters. He also met David Letterman (who loved him because they had the same gap before he had his front tooth fixed), and some others I can't think of.

11. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2008

Here's an obscure one ... my neighbor is Dimitra Arliss. She played Robert Redford's girlfriend in "The Sting". She's the one who got shot in the forehead. She is a beautiful woman of Greek descent - now in her 70's - she looks exactly as she did in the movie, but with gray hair.

12. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2008

Another interesting bit of trivia. There is a tour bus that goes by my apartment complex called The Dearly Departed Tour. Sal Mineo lived in the building next door to me - and he was murdered in my back alley!

13. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 22, 2008

How could I forget.... George W. Bush!

He came to our school/church while on campaign. My daughter got to sit next to him in church. I always thought he was goofy looking on TV and in print. He was kind of handsome in person.

14. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 22, 2008

Ooops, one more. My husband was peed next to Don King in the Orleans bathroom in Vegas.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2008

I can see how you'd think that & then in person, he looks more distinguished!