Know Anyone Famous?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 19, 2008.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 20, 2008

Oh I forgot I had met Dave Rosema (a Tiger's pitcher) he wasn't pitching anymore, but he was a funny guy. My grandpa used to umpire for him when he was in little league. Also met Eddie (can't remember his last name) used to kick for the Lions in the late 80s, I believe.

2. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Nov 20, 2008

I forgot one! DH grew up with Tommy Maddox (former QB for the Steelers).

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 20, 2008

How could I have forgotten this one???

I was dragged out clubbing with friends. While I enjoy a quiet night out, I despise loud dance clubs, and it was compounded by being the NBA All-Star Game in Philly that night. There were limos everywhere and the clubs were packed. We got into one and it was wall-to-wall bodies. It was hot and sweaty! Meanwhile, my then boyfriend decided to be El Cheapo and wouldn't even buy me a bottle of water, and I was getting badly dehydrated.

I stumbled around, feeling rather ill, and found myself in a quiet lounge area. It was a private party area but I was so sick, I didn't realize it and flopped down on the nearest couch. A tall, dark gentleman saw the state I was in and immediately handed me his Coke. I chugged it gratefully, my vision slowly cleared, and I realized my rescuer was Denzel Washington. It was at this point that my then-boyfriend finds me, apologizes for my crashing, and yanks me out of the room.

It may have been dark, I may have been a little ill, but that man is even more stunning in person than on film, and he's the embodiment of a gentleman.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 20, 2008

Lucky you, cat!!!!

5. SmallTownGirl

SmallTownGirl Rookie

Nov 20, 2008

Erin Elizabeth- I think we live in the same city :)

6. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2008

It's an odd thing that we both met her and found her to be such a compassionate person. I agree that I found some of the decisions she made as an attorney general to be poor, but as a human, she's outstanding. We read a lot of funny poetry that night. She had found an old book at the ranch and kept making me laugh.

I left to have it taken care of the next morning, but came back later that week and everyone was still there. We went canoeing down the Seven Springs River. Wonderful trip. Wonderful person.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 20, 2008

I used to be a bit of a rocker chick back in the late 80's and early 90's so I've met a lot of guys from hard rock and metal bands . . . and I've got the fringed leather/big hair/black eyeliner/too much cleavage pictures to prove it. LOL

Other than that, I've met a rather odd assortment. DH plays country music, so I've met some people that way. They're typically band members of the more famous person, and most of the time I don't know them since I don't listen to that kind of music. I stood behind Eddie Montgomery in the checkout line at K-Mart and had no clue who he was until I heard him say something.

DH is a soap fan, so we've met five or six people from Days of Our Lives. We met Hal Sparks after a comedy show a couple of years ago. He's hilarious, by the way. Sometimes I go to book signings and meet authors, and I met Sandra Day O'Connor and Oliver North while I was on a trip to Washington D.C. some 20 years ago.

I also went to high school with one of the Backstreet Boys. My one claim to fame is that I beat him in tryouts for the high school jazz band piano player. :)

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 20, 2008

I don't KNOW any celebrities unfortunately but I have met a few. "Greg Brady" came to my college to give a lecture so I met him and got his autograph. He seemed kind of goofy :lol: I got to sing on stage with Kenny Rogers when he did a Christmas concert in my college town. He needed some singers and our college choir got the job. It was fun and he was very nice. Luckily, someone I knew was in the audience and took a picture of him singing with me in the background. Our choir also sang with an opera singer and we recorded a CD but I can't remember her name.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 20, 2008

My BF's dad went to HS w/ Van Halen.

Unteen yrs ago, when my BF's mom worked at the Broadway, she met Tina Yothers from Family Ties.

My BF saw Kevin Costner on a street in North Hollywood over 10 yrs ago.

He also saw contemporary Christian artists, Michael W. Smith & DC Talk.

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2008

Ima-I LOVE Days of Our Lives. Do you know the characters he met?

11. westcoastbetsy

westcoastbetsy New Member

Nov 21, 2008

My step-brother is actor/comedian/writer Michael Ian Black.

:)

12. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 21, 2008

:woot: I've been a fan of his for well over a decade. Hopefully he's as fun to be around in person as he is to watch at work. If so, it must have made the blended family thing much easier.

13. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Nov 21, 2008

OMG! I love Michael Ian Black! I love him in Reaper, one of my favorite T.V. shows!

14. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 21, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I find him DELICIOUS! He is the perfect embodiment of all that I look for in a guy-nerdy, hilarious, dark and wonderful.

Sigh. Too bad I'm married. And I can't imagine that he's not taken.

Yum.

15. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Nov 21, 2008

I know a lot of NHL players and a couple guys who used to model, one for Abercrombie and Fitch. I also know a lot of CFL players, but they likely aren't famous anywhere except in Canada.