Know Anyone Famous?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 19, 2008.

1. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Apr 6, 2009

I ate lunch with michael shoulders he did a thing at our school and we got to have a luncheon with him. he is very nice and funny.

Sterling marlin (the washed up nascar driver) is in my family some how he comes to the family reunions, he is an idiot.

billy ray and miley used to come in to the mcdonalds where i used to work about 5 years ago so the kids could play in the play place she was a really cute kid and he is really sweet himself very down to earth.

Dan Ugla the baseball player went to school with my husband he was a year ahead of him but his little sister and my hubby were friends.

2. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Apr 6, 2009

Brook Shields: My mother says I saw Brooke Shields at the Appalachian Craft Fair. I was only a toddler. But my mother claims I looked at her! So I guess that counts!:)

Kenny Chesney: He graduated from my high school!!!!! He came back in 2001 to donate some money to buy our auditorium new curtains. He spoke, and I wrote an article in the school paper about it. I didn't take my camera to school, how stupid was that? But again, I don't listen to country so it's not that huge a deal.

Magicians: I've seen some magicians that travel the world. I used to go to alot of shows with my family. It was neat because I'd go home and see those same people on t.v.! I've always wanted to meet David Copperfield. My dad has, but I haven't.

Joe Diffie: I saw and met Joe Diffie at Myrtle Beach. Which is annoying, becuase I don't listen to country music, and I don't even know who he is. Why couldn't it be Leonardo DiCaprio? I think he's the hottest ever!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

My husband just told me that he met and shook hands with Tom Womac from Dukes of Hazzard. He came to our church! Pretty unexpected, though, to see a famous person in a small-town church!

3. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Apr 6, 2009

Oh I'm really enjoying this thread!! :D

4. MathManTim

MathManTim Companion

Apr 6, 2009

This is really stretching to 6 degrees of separation here, but here goes:

My great-aunt on my Dad's side was the stepmother (I think) of Jeri Taylor. Jeri Taylor used to be married to Dick Enberg of NBC and CBS Sports, but she is best known for being a writer, director, and executive producer for Star Trek: The Next Generation and its spinoffs.

Sadly, I've never met her.

MathManTim

5. MathManTim

MathManTim Companion

Apr 6, 2009

That's something I've noticed with most of the politicians I've met. You read about them in the paper, and you're thinking to yourself, "God, what a crook. He must be a lousy sonofab****. If I ever meet him, I'm going to tell him what I really think of him."

And then you really do meet him, and he comes across as a really great guy. These people are successful in politics for a reason. I'll bet even money that a hard core Democrat could meet someone as (apparently) uncharismatic as Dick Cheney and come away thinking, "you know, politics aside, he's really an okay guy."

I say that also because a partisan Republican friend of mine was thoroughly charmed when he met Hillary Clinton when she was running for president. Turns out she wasn't the "militant communist bra-burning man-hating shrew" that he always thought she was.

MathManTim

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 24, 2010

Anyone else know or meet anyone lately?

7. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jul 24, 2010

Met and talked with Michael Peterson (country singer: Drink, Swear, Steal and Lie) back home. He graduated from the same high school as I and lived in my hometown.

Met and hungout with Kenny Chesney and his original band crew after a concert.

My coworker/friend's brother in law is Hunter Parrish from Weeds. Will hopefully be meeting him soon if he can get away for the birth of his 1st niece in a few weeks = )

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2010

I met Tony Stewart (NASCAR driver) a few months ago. He was in Michaels trying to figure out how to make candles, LOL!
    He ended up just buying regular candles.

9. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Jul 24, 2010

Yesterday, I got to see the cast of Bones and Big Bang Theory.

My kids got a hand written letter from the ice skater Michael Weiss. They had written and sent him a FLat Stanley when we home schooled. I also have a picture of them with ice skater Rudy Galindo.
    My kids also played golf with Clint Eastwood when we lived in Monterey.

My dad is related to Don Mattingly the baseball player.

But my favorite one is that I am a descendent of La Corriveau. La Corriveau is a legend in Quebec. She was put in a cage for killing two husbands. Barnum had the cage until they had their big fire.

10. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 25, 2010

My daughter won a trip to meet the cast of Beverly Hills 90210.

11. Rachael84

Rachael84 Rookie

Jul 25, 2010

Being in NYC my whole life, I have a lot of stories...but the one that stands out to me is my favorite band, Duran Duran. Every time they come to NY I go to their after-parties, and they seem to remember me when they see me. Really nice guys.

I knew the drummer for the Yeah yeah yeahs before they became famous. The drummer is my best friend's cousin. I used to go to her family functions at her house growing up, and he was there. He's very quiet.

I don't know him, but I met Mike Love from the Beach Boys 2 days ago. He's a big flirt despite being older than my dad, lol.

I can tell you some other stories if you would like.

12. turtlegirl

turtlegirl Companion

Jul 26, 2010

I was able to get on the tour bus of Trisha Yearwood and meet her!

My husband(a state trooper) met Viggo Mortenson on the side of the road last week. He was pulled over on the side of the road reading a celebrity magazine... Trust me this isn't normal... we live in the middle of nowhere!

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2010

Met Dennis Hopper in a bar. lol.

I am distantly related to Oakland Raiders QB Rich Gannon, but I never met him.

I have met VP Joe Biden many times, but not since he has been VP.

14. Mrs Ski

Mrs Ski Companion

Jul 26, 2010

I lived in the dorms and had a writing class with Alex Smith, quarterback for SF 49ers. I have to say her was a jerk, and stuck on himself.

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 26, 2010

At least he pulled over to read it!