Just interviewed...BUT...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by myKroom, May 20, 2011.

1. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

May 20, 2011

I had an interview for a kindergarten team teaching position today! I think it went well and I'm excited to hear back from them.

BUT...

I did not have the opportunity to meet my potential teaching partner!! Her mother passed away yesterday...completely understandable!! However, I would like to meet her or at least talk to her before I accept the position (if it's offered of course). I feel this is only fair for both of us. They did record my interview so she will have a chance to at least see me. The P seems to have a tight deadline, I should find out monday and he wants it to go to the board monday night!

What should I do?? I feel I should have the right to meet her before saying yes. Help please!!

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

May 20, 2011

Wow! They recorded it? that makes it a little more nerve wracking! or did it not make a difference?

I think it would be nice to meet her, but I wouldn't not accept a position over it, things change and for all you know they could switch the teacher line up the next day.

4. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

May 20, 2011

Fully agree with PC. If you like the school, it should be a go. Teachers change more often than you'd think.:)

5. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

May 20, 2011

It wasn't as nerve racking as I thought it may be!!

I'm just nervous because of some of the things they said about her! The repeatedly mentioned that she has very strong beliefs and opinions about how things should be done and even called her opinionated (which surprised me since it was being recorded).

This position has been a team teaching position for over 15 years and she has taught K the whole time!

I think things will be fine...but I know I would be more comfortable if I met the person I was working with!

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 21, 2011

Maybe when they call to offer the position, you can accept but ask if you can come in to observe in the school. Hopefully, you will then get the chance to meet her.

7. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

May 21, 2011

I would not even worry about my teammate. I would accept.

8. AsherDasher

AsherDasher Companion

May 21, 2011

In this market, I agree. I would accept the position and deal with that after the fact.

9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

May 22, 2011

I hope you get the job offer!!!

Team teaching, however, wouldn't be my cup of tea! I don't think I'd like having a partner teacher in the classroom with me!

10. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

May 22, 2011

Teaming can be amazing - but it's hard with someone you don't know - I agree you should have a chance to meet and chat first. Good luck!

11. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 22, 2011

Can you tell the principal you accept but would like to meet your team teacher before you actually sign the contract?

12. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

May 22, 2011

SC, I think that's my plan at this point!!

Just to clarify...I do have a position currently in a nice district. I'm looking to get closer to home, friends, and family! I have discovered that 5 hours is a little too far away for me!

13. pete2770

pete2770 Comrade

May 22, 2011

Ugh, I live roughly five hours away from family too. It just makes it so inconvenient to ever visit. Need a place to stay, need two travel days (as in basically a work day, and you're too tired to do anything after!); it's such a headache.

I hope you get the position!

14. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 22, 2011

I can't believe the recorded you. This leaves some liability open.