Jobs/ Chore bulletin board

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by WaterfallLady, Jun 11, 2011.

1. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2011

I teach special education. Next year, I'll have a homeroom of 5-7th graders. Our school requires us to have job charts for the kids. Has anyone found anything that's not too babyish?

3. agdamity

agdamity Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2011

Why not make your own? Find a background you like, such as a posterboard or a piece of fabric and attach library pockets. You can print signs/labels for the jobs on your computer. Write each student's name on an index card to put in the library pocket when it is there turn to do the job. This way, you can make it look however you want.

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 11, 2011

I was thinking maybe set up your BB to look like a real job site BB. You could create posters like the job site regulations, the cards look like time cards, post the job descriptions, etc . . . .

5. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jun 11, 2011

Why not just use a pocket chart with hand written labels? My partner teacher this year did this and used pictures of the kids to note who had which job.

6. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 11, 2011

That's what I did too Lynn, except I used names rather than pictures.

7. ami6880

ami6880 Companion

Jun 11, 2011

I just used colored sentence strips cut in half and wrote the name of the job. Then I had the kids names on start cut outs and slid them into attached paper clips. It was super easy, I am debating whether I want to do it again, but since I am moving down a grade I am thinking about listing their duties that come along with a job so I don't have 50 questions about what they are supposed to be doing :)