job fair today

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jax123, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Jax123

Jax123 Rookie

Mar 30, 2019

I went to a job fair today which was geared towards special education for next school year. I've applied to this district twice before and had interviews and demo lesson but did not get it. I think it was because it was during the year and they hired subs (I am currently teaching in another district). Part of the job fair is that you were asked 5 questions by HR and you'll either get a ticket to interview in another room or you are basically wished good luck and you leave. I got the ticket to interview #2. It went great and the person said she liked me and is going to mark down to recommend me for hire. Although it sounds obvious, do you think I'm officially in or do you think I will be interviewed more by principals? I got an email already thanking me for coming (I guess they got my email from resume) and to remember to apply online.

3. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Devotee

Mar 30, 2019

If they're telling you to apply online, it sounds like you need to do more before you're "in", especially if the interview wasn't with the school's principal

MrsC and futuremathsprof like this.