Janus case

Discussion in 'General Education' started by czacza, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Jul 3, 2018

No, I’m not arguing that I should pay less for medical care. My employer pays for 100%, as previously mentioned. I don’t pay anything. I’m arguing they could pay less and I could still receive the same services. I explicitly stated this many times.

Also as aforementioned, I’ve said that I’m not married, never will be married, and will not ever have my own family or children, so I don’t need family coverage just individual.

Again, I’m not saying that I don’t need medical insurance. I’m saying I don’t need as much as my employer is buying me. I’m on the Gold Plan, I think it’s called. This is automatically purchased for everyone. Why can’t we have a Silver Plan or a Bronze Plan?

2. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Jul 3, 2018

Good job on being able to negotiate yourself nice salaries. Just be cognizant that most of the people in this thread aren't in the same position you're in. Being single and having no kids is totally different than those who are married with kids.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Jul 3, 2018

True, being single and having no kids is very much different than being married and having kids. I completely agree with you.

4. a2z

a2z Maven

Jul 3, 2018

Seems you are arguing that you should have the option to pay less.

5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Jul 3, 2018

I. Don’t. Pay. Anything. For. My. Healthcare.

If my employer pays $10,000 for my healthcare. I pay zero. If my employer pays $5,000 for my healthcare, I still pay zero. Everything is covered by employer. Receiving a reduced amount does not mean that I pay less. My employer incurs the cost NOT me.

What is so difficult about that?

6. a2z

a2z Maven

Jul 3, 2018

If the school allowed you to choose between plans, you would expect the difference in premium to be given to you in your salary, right? Or are you ok to have the school let you choose a less expensive plan and not give you the difference?

Ms.Holyoke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.