Discussion in 'General Education' started by leighbball, Jul 25, 2007.
Jul 25, 2007
What is/are your new school year resolutions for the 2007-2008 school year???
Opps....forgot to list mine! hehe
* Get organized before Sept 5 and STAY organized.
* Do lesson plans a week ahead of time and have everything copied in advance.
* Exercise when possible- (hoping to make it part of my day but its baby steps!)
* Eat better
* Stress less
* Take time for me EVERYDAY! (even when I have graduate school!!)
I'll choose four:
1. Organization (as always) I'll choose one area of this huge topic and say to keep my desk clean and to clear it off at the end of each and every day.
2. To bring healthy meals and water everyday. (Last year I would eat a Snickers bar and sometimes the poptarts from the kids breakfast because I wasn't organized enough about lunch. ick!)
3. To try working out for a month in the mornings BEFORE school three times a week. If I like it, stick to it all year.
4. Plan and prepare lessons at least 6 weeks in advance (of course, I need to be flexible based on assessment information, but still...)
Get the rules I want in order and stick with them! I tend to relax as I get used to the kids, and then the little boogers run all over me at the end of the year (some do).
Organization, and me time. I'm due to have my first child in March, so I just want to make it until spring break! and have fun being pregnant!!!
Paperheart- I too would like to get exercise into my routine before school...its just that my routine isn't normal this summer...sigh. I'm trying to get into it so I stick to it.
A fellow teacher who has to drive about an hour to get to work likes to exercise. She will get up to do running at 5, 4, or even 3 in the morning! I'm just not that dedicated!
1. Get organized & STAY organized! That should cover everything, if I'm organized, my paperwork is done, my lesson plans are done, copies are made in advance. Need I say more?
2. Keep my house clean.
1. Survive! (it's my first year teaching)
2. Exercise at least every other day
3. Keep eating healthy
1. have all copies made by Friday for the following week
2. keep my desk top clutter free at the end of the day
3. get more teachers to go to happy hour at least once a month
4. not dress frumpy when the winter comes!! (last year I gained some weight during the fall and tried to "hide" it behind big sweaters and pants all winter long)
5. prepare my lunch and outfit the night before
I always get my things ready the night before, too- I even put my school bags by the door along with anything else I need to take with me so I don't forget it!
Aug 2, 2007
I did it!!! I finally went to the gym for the first time today!! I'm so happy I finally kicked myself in the behind and went there. Now I just have to keep going...but baby steps, right?
1. Stay organized.
2. Be consistant with discipline.
3. Avoid cafeteria food!
4. Make it a great year in Kindergarten!
So many changes, so little time...
1. Get to bed earlier...no more CSI for me, LOL
2. Re-organize and stay that way
3. Stay later/work at home more
4. Don't procrastinate on paperwork
Stay organized...I just spent a few nights putting papers into binders by subject/topic....I hope that this helps!!!
Have plans for the following week done before the end of the school day Fridays (I was REALLY good at this a few years ago...and have been pretty good, but I started to slack towards the end of last year...and was walking into Mondays without all of my plans done! yuck!
Stay with my rules, like others have said, I tend to be a stickler in the fall but loosen up once I get to know the kiddies!
Can I have the same as you?
You sure can!
Be more organized - stay on top of grading and keep my room cleaner!
Use more technology - after reading all the posts on technology recently, I have discovered that I am definitely out of date!:unsure:
* eat healthy foods (plan meals better)
* stop staying soooooooooooooooo late after school
* staying organized
* exercise....or walk after school daily
I think we are all in the same boat...get and stay organized.
Get more organized
Clean my house
Spend more time with hubby
Separate names with a comma.