It's Been a Looonnnggg Week!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by KinderCowgirl, Feb 14, 2013.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 14, 2013

I realized at about noon today that it wasn't Friday like I had in my head, but was really just Thursday. I had to stay after school every day this week. Monday was a faculty meeting until after 5:00 (starts right after school so I have to stay a little after to organize my room for the following day). Tuesday I have an after school club. Wednesday was our Parent Literacy Night-until almost 7:00. Today I had tutorials and tomorrow is also an after school club I facilitate for. Not to mention that today took for.e.ver to end with the kids so pumped up for V'day.

Whew! I think we need to schedule another break between Christmas and Spring Break! :yawn:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 14, 2013

:hugs: Kinder!

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Feb 14, 2013

I agree! All in favor, check your sub numbers, lol!

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 14, 2013

We have February break Monday thru Friday next week....headed into a five day weekend is getting me thru this week.:D

6. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Feb 14, 2013

I hear you! Today was a long one! It just so happened to be Valentine's Day AND the 100th Day of school.

7. Marylander

Marylander Rookie

Feb 15, 2013

We all feel your pain! This is the long stretch of the year without breaks until Easter vacation...unless it snows. The only bad thing about closing for snow is that we have to make it up at the end of the year now because we used our two freebie days with Hurricane Sandy. The school system even makes us "pay" for late openings and early closings due to inclement weather. They tally the hours and turn them into owed days. The icing on our academic cake is now state-mandated testing in 2 1/2 weeks. Oh, joy! Let the fun begin.

8. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Fanatic

Feb 15, 2013

:dizzy: I've planned a really calm, structured day today as the children will be a little hung over from our Valentines and 100 day celebrations yesterday! At least we could pack all the crazy into 1 day!

9. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 15, 2013

Sorry it was a long week! Hopefully this coming week is a bit more relaxed!

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Fanatic

Feb 15, 2013

It was a long week but today was the longest day everrrrrrrr!! 3:00 could NOT come fast enough! Thank goodness we have next week off. I don't think I could make it til spring break LOL

11. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Feb 15, 2013

I agree-I hate the stretch between winter and spring break!!!

My kids were CRAZY today (sugar high?). To top it off, I haven't been feeling well, was running on 4 hours of sleep, and I'm totally PMSing. I was probably such a crabby teacher today!

12. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Feb 16, 2013

I am witht you on that. It's time for another break.

13. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 17, 2013

My week was also the longest, craziest one I've had all school year for many reasons--church, school, and home. I was so tired that when I finally sat down at my desk on Friday afternoon after cleaning up from a school-wide event, I seriously could have gone to sleep right then and there! (And we lost our day off Monday to a snow day a few weeks ago, so no break here...)

14. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 17, 2013

We don't have off tomorrow either-it was never a holiday for us. Boy, sure could have used a 3-day weekend! We have no break at all between MLK holiday and Spring Break which is mid-March. I know the kiddos are going to be feeling it too!

15. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Feb 17, 2013

We don't have off either, KC! I have so much to do this week with IEP meetings, Reading Night, etc. I'm already dead. :yawn: I was in all day today trying to get things organized and got around 3% of the work done.