Sometimes, very rarely and once in awhile there is something a child does that is deplorable, but you have no way to pinpoint who did it. For EXAMPLE, today, in the room I was in- one student threw a book toward my head while my back was turned and I was writing out assignments on the board. It missed me, but still. This is something where I NEED to know who did it and somebody in the class knows. Problem is, nobody wants to be labeled a "snitch". So I came up with an idea fellow teacher of mine used in high school. I gave each kid a post-it note and asked them to take out something to write with. I then explained how it would work: 1) If you know who it was, now is your chance to write their name down and report them anonymously. 2) If you don't know who it is, write down "I don't know" on the post-it. 3) Once you have written down something, fold it and I will come pick them up. This way, EVERYONE writes something down and EVERYONE turns something in. No way to know who wrote what or snitched on who. The post-it notes are all uniform unlike writing on their own paper etc. Well, overwhelmingly, it came to 75% of the class naming a specific person and the other 25% saying I don't know/didn't see. The student who was accused says it is an unfair system because "everyone is targeting him". However he was sitting from the direction it came and was one of my prime suspects. Any thoughts? I would not use this system unless it was something serious/dangerous. It worked really well when I was in high school and a student pulled the emergency shower in the science lab and it flooded everywhere.