Is there a place where kids can submit short stories?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Software Developer, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Software Developer

Software Developer New Member

Apr 19, 2019

I'm a software developer trying to build a website where kids can submit short stories. This is sort of a startup business but I'm doing it by myself at the moment. I am interested in this because my daughter is 9 and she is very much into writing. She writes lots of short stories and wants to put them on the internet so she can show her friends.

My question for you is that if I were to make a website that did this, what features should it have? Are there any features you think that would interest you as a teacher? For example, if the website had a feature to create a classroom, would it get used by teachers?

Are there any other ideas related to writing that I could build and would be useful in schools?

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2019

You might check out storybird.com.

Software Developer likes this.
  4. Software Developer

Software Developer New Member

Apr 20, 2019

Thanks for the link Mrs. K. Do you know many teachers that use this model? Are there any problems with it in your opinion? My daughter has a bunch of stories that she wants to publish on the internet for everyone to see so I'm not sure storybird will fill this particular need. However, I will definitely get her an account so she can check it out.

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2019

I used it a bit when I had seniors write children’s books. I’m retired now. I believe you can make the submissions public.