Is it okay to have the same people for your reIs

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Peachyness, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2010

Is it okay to have the same people as your reference and letters of recommendation?

I have my former P and my current P on my application as references. I also am submitting letters of recommendation that they wrote. My third letter and my third reference are different though.

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2010

Oh, and I have no clue why the title is all messed up and atoz does not allow you to change/edit the title, even though it's apparently an option?????

4. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Aug 23, 2010

I think it's fine! All of my references wrote me letters of recommendation, so I just use both. I wouldn't stress about it :) They rarely even look at these letters or call the references anyhow lol.

5. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 23, 2010

No problem in using them. Why not ask the reference without the letter to write a letter as well?

BTW... I recently found that in the on-line applications in our area - you can add a four (and probably more) references/letters. And that works out well for my four letters.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2010

With edjoin.org, we can send in as many as we want. I have about 10 letters. BUT for this job, I just submitted 3 (two Principals and 1 from a reading coach that this district loves! I decided to not put the superintendent from this district. I don't really know why I didn't.... I guess I have so many connections as it is, I didn't want to overdo it).

Thanks guys!!!!!

My Principal emailed the two principals where the two jobs are at (I only applied to one of them thgouh, and told them what a great employee I was and just wanted to let them know to really consider me. :))