Introduction Letter to Parents

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by EllieK, Sep 23, 2014.

1. EllieK

EllieK Rookie

Sep 23, 2014

I have finally started my new position as lead teacher for a 2-3 year old classroom. They've been without a lead for a while until I was able to start so the parents are used to the assistant that's been covering the class. I'd like to type up a quick little hello/intro letter to send home with the parents just so they know who their child's teacher is - back to school night and open house are already over with.

Does anyone have any examples of an intro letter? I've seen some that welcome the children and parents to the new grade/class at the start of the new school year but I'm l looking for something that's not as specific.

3. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Sep 24, 2014

How about just introducing yourself, telling them what some of your goals are (just a few) for the next few weeks, and tell them how much you appreciate them for sharing their children with you. Since you are starting a little late, it would be especially important so they recognize you as the teacher. And keep a weekly newsletter going home telling them what the kids did that week and giving them some ideas for a home connection to what you are doing in the classroom.