Interview tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pi-R-Squared, May 15, 2017.

1. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Habitué

May 15, 2017

I had 2 interviews at schools in a nearby school district last week. Last night, the P, at a 3rd school in the same district, called for an interview! I knew these 3 schools were looking for math teachers but I didn't think they'd call so soon!

My interview is scheduled for later in the afternoon today so I'm taking a half-day. My P already knows what's going on.

MrsC and mathmagic like this.
  3. mathmagic

mathmagic Connoisseur

May 15, 2017

Good luck!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 15, 2017

Fingers crossed for you!

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 15, 2017

If your P can hold on a little longer, it sounds like he'll get that resignation letter from you after all. WOOHOO! I seriously have all confidence in your abilities, especially after such a great year.

6. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Habitué

May 15, 2017

UPDATE: I went to my interview. Standard questions.... strength... weakness... teaching style.... teaching philosophy....

Toward the end, he asked if I knew (female teacher name) and I said yes. I told him I spoke to her last night on Messenger asking what could help me with my interview today. The P said they were talking in his office and she mentioned my name and he thought she was looking through his stuff. ;). The P said she spoke highly of me and when she speaks highly of someone, that's a good thing. :)

I know he has a few more interviews lined up tonight and into tomorrow. Time to draft my thank you letter and hope for the best! The board meeting is Wednesday.

7. monkeyrun

monkeyrun Rookie

May 15, 2017

Sounds promising! Hope you hear good news soon!

8. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Habitué

May 17, 2017

2 of the 3 schools hired someone else for their math positions. Pretty disappointed. I really wanted to land something before leaving but it's not gonna work out that way! Time to keep looking!!!

9. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 17, 2017

What about the third?

10. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Habitué

May 17, 2017

Didn't announce for math. They did fill a science slot. The P had been intrigued with my chemistry certification but I guess he needed a general science type. My meeting with him only lasted 15 minutes. Kinda like a 1st round. I'm starting to feel like that one will be a no also. Another county board meeting is tomorrow. Maybe some math openings will show up there!