Interview questions (2008)

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by lemonhead, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Dec 21, 2008

This one is kind of specific but I'd love to hear how you'd answer it anyway:

1. All of your teaching experience so far is in Kindergarten, do you feel you are capable to teach the upper elementary grades (3,4,5) and why?

also I'm never quite sure how to answer this:

2. Desrcibe your classroom management plan/style.

I mean I have one I just never know how to actually word the answer they are looking for if that makes any sense!

3. How do you differentiate instruction?

2. mrhoug

mrhoug Rookie

Dec 22, 2008

Re: Classroom Management Question

Hi.

In answering this question, think of your broad classroom managementphilosophy. Follow this up with a personal triumph involving classroom management and then relate this example to your philosophy. For instance, in one interview I explained my belief that relationships, routines, and rigor are critical components of effective classroom management and provided concrete examples of how I incorporate them in daily class work.

Check out h ttp://roadtoteaching.com/teacher-interview-questions/teacher-interview-question-what-is-your-approach-to-classroom-management/

3. acarter512

acarter512 New Member

Jan 8, 2009

First Job Interview

My names alexis and i just went on my first elementary school interview with the district coordinator. i probably worried and stressed about this interview for three weeks. I was pretty prepared with questions and answers because this forum is awesome!!!! i just wish i would have found it sooner!!!! here are some of the questions that he asked me. if anyone has any advice as to question 4, please let me know.!!!

1. If I put you in a third grade classroom, what is the most important aspect to have as a teacher?
    2. How do you feel about classroom management?
    3.We have 4 computers in every classroom that aren't being used. How will you incorporate technology into every day lessons?
    4. If you couldnt get in touch with a parent and their number was unlisted, would you go to their home with a guidance counselor to talk with them?
    5. Whats a standout lesson?
    6. How would you handle classroom rules?

number 4 really stumped me and i hesitated when i should have just said what i felt and not worried about what they wanted to hear. UGH :mad:

How are you supposed to feel when you leave the interview?

-alexis

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2009

Hi and welcome, Alexis!! On #4, I would have said that I would have taken additional steps to contact the parent such as trying to get a number from the emergency card (it is state law that all parents provide a working number in case of emergency), sending a letter to the home with the child/through the mail. Document all attempts to contact the parent. And when all else failed, then go to the home w/ a guidence counselor.

There is no "right" way to feel when you leave the interview. There have been times when I have left thinking I did horribly, just to get the call offering me the job. Then there have been times where I have left feeling like I did awesome, just to turn around and not get the job. Just view every interview as practice for the one that will lead to a job. :) Good luck!

5. teach09

teach09 Rookie

Feb 18, 2009

This thread is great for people like me - it has been so helpful and I figured I could give my situation and get any advice I can. I live in GA and I graduated with my undergraduate degree in 2004 in Consumer Economics (obviously unrelated to education) and I have since started Walden University to get my masters in education and complete a teacher prep program. I have volunteered in elementary schools a little bit and have observed since starting the program. I will student teach in Sept and finish student teaching and the program in December. I am nervous about getting a job one because it will be in the middle of a school year, two because of my background, and three because of the current economic situation. I will have all of the GACE testing completed hopefully by the end of March. Any advice on landing my 1st teaching job? I want to teach K-3rd grade and am so excited about doing so just very nervous. Thank you so much! :eek:

6. MrsOrion

MrsOrion Rookie

Feb 24, 2009

Very useful post. How about how do you mange X amount of naughty kids for X grade?

7. Teach2learn

Teach2learn Rookie

Mar 6, 2009

Interview Question

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from a job fair and this question stumped me because it was vague. What would you say?

"What should the primary focus be in an elementary classroom?"

8. newteacher08

newteacher08 Companion

Mar 7, 2009

Interview Question: What are your strengths and weaknesses?

I need suggestions on what you say your weaknesses are....I am having a hard time with this......I have a few but there are some you might not want to tell on your first interview! :huh:

9. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 7, 2009

LITERACY

I think it's the cornerstone of education.

10. Teach2learn

Teach2learn Rookie

Mar 7, 2009

Thanks McKennaL ! :)

11. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Mar 9, 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.