Internship Ice Breakers

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by Hello.Mitra, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Hello.Mitra

Hello.Mitra Rookie

Jan 17, 2010

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some cute ice breakers for internship students?

In my student teaching I did the toilet paper roll activity in my student teaching before (where students are told to take of any amount of TP they desire without an explanation of what it's for, and then are told that they have to share something about themselves for each square they tore off). I thought it was a great way to get to know my students and they seemed to really enjoy it :]

I was just hoping to try something new out and maybe find a new favorite. Thanks in advance!

3. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jan 17, 2010

An ice breaker I use sometimes both in my class and in workshops I put on is the Who Am I game. I have a bunch of cards with Louisiana animals on it. They were them around their neck, but hanging down their back. They ask other people yes or no questions to try and figure out who they are. Depending on the group I will have the person who helped them figure it out introduce them to the rest of the group. It's a fun game.

4. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jan 18, 2010

You could also do the dice throw depending on the age of course! With my high school kids we went around throwing the die and you would say the name of the person you were throwing to, then that person would catch it and whatever number was facing them- they had to tell the group that many things, then throw it to the next person until everyone has had a try. We also used the die as a name game too, you had to toss the die to someone, but say their name first- so when it is your turn you throw it to someone who has not had a turn yet. We often time it and see how quickly we can go, with a group of 30 surprisingly you can get below 30 secs. Its amazing, then you can turn it around and work backwards, last person throws it to the person who originally threw it to them and so on until the first person gets it back again. I hope this makes sense, I am exhausted.