Indiana Core Content Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by laceyk8, Jun 8, 2014.

1. PesrsonisFraud

PesrsonisFraud Rookie

Apr 11, 2018

Email me. Chspirate7 At g mail

2. PesrsonisFraud

PesrsonisFraud Rookie

Apr 11, 2018

Message me. Chspirate7 at gmail...

futureteacher2018 likes this.
  3. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

Apr 29, 2018

Hang in thereHoosier82! The Pearson Indiana teacher cert exams are stupid flawed. The Indiana DOE even admitted so but refuse to do anything about it. Some of these have pass rates as low as 15% (and this includes those who have repeated it over and over again). Although I am not familiar with the specific exam you mention, My experience is that each of the individual subject area subtests that I have taken and passed are in depth pedagogical questions even though we also must take and pass the 100 Pedagogy exam. I think the whole thing is designed to make money for Pearson. Does anyone know if the State of Indiana gets a commission from Pearson?? Makes me wonder. And don’t listen to FutureMathProf. Although it is conceivable that Pearson could sue someone if they share content or questions, I think that is highly unlikely. (BTW, futuremathprof can be a ninny who often makes condescending posts about his/her brilliance and superiority). March on!!

Hang in

4. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Groupie

Apr 29, 2018

I don’t claim or have claimed to ever be brilliant. Show me the quotation where I said or hinted at that.

I don’t claim to be superior either. Again, show me evidence of that.

I think you forget the purpose of a public forum. It is not only to have lively conversations with other posters about whatever, but to also have informal debates with people who share competing or similar ideas. It IS true that I make or have made the claim that private schools are better than public schools in certain instances, but I have conceded, too, that they are worse in certain instances, also. For example, I don’t support charter schools or diploma mills. At. All.

With that said, I NEVER said that I was brilliant or better than anyone. And nice job with the ad hominem attacks. That is certainly an excellent way to win an argument.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  5. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Habitué

Apr 29, 2018

I'd be bored if I didn't have a proffy to argue with!!!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  6. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Groupie

Apr 29, 2018

Haha, I love having debates with people. :)

7. Sohela

Sohela New Member

May 9, 2018

Well I looked at 240tutoring only thing is that they only have the generalist study guides and I'm looking for study material for the early pedagogy, there is no study guide for on the Pearson site! If anyone has any tips please do tell! Thank you in advance!

8. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

May 13, 2018

Obtaining relevant study material is the biggest challenge. Those Mometrix books are useless. Most find that the Pedagogy is the most straightforward, but the subtests are very hard. The subtests are more pedagogy questions with virtually zero content area questions. My advice: take them early and often! Good luck.

9. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

May 13, 2018

I have at last passed all the crazy Pearson subtests and am now licensed in Indiana. However, I am so disgusted with Indiana DOE for having 3 years to fix the crisis and doing nothing that I am taking my Indiana credentials and going east to Ohio, as Ohio has reciprocity with Indiana. I have lived my whole life in Indiana, but I have accepted a 4th grade teacher position with inclusion. Can’t wait to get started and say “good-bye Indiana” and teach in a state where I am appreciated, valued, and paid over the poverty level (just barely). Maybe I will return to Indiana in a few years when the teacher shortage crisis reaches its peak and they have few new teachers in the pipeline and are forced to pay a premium for a 3 year experienced teacher. Good Luck everyone! Signed, Angry and Bitter former Hoosier.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  10. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Groupie

May 13, 2018

You’re going to be paid just over the poverty line?! :(

11. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

May 13, 2018

Yes, aren’t all starting teachers just barely paid over the poverty line? We are all underpaid!

12. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Groupie

May 13, 2018

That’s not right. You’ve worked hard and should be paid a fair rate. I’m so sick of red states underpaying teachers, which is why I keep saying that teachers from those places should move to a blue state. However, that is not feasible and untenable. I hope that teachers in Ohio get raises like in other states where teachers have been striking...

13. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

May 13, 2018

Ave starting teacher salary in Indiana and Ohio are the same ($35k), which is 10% below the national average. With a Masters and several years some experience, I can get to the average of around $50k. I have sorority sisters who are making $1200/week in a summer internship between their junior and senior years!