Indiana Core Content Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by laceyk8, Jun 8, 2014.

1. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

Jan 28, 2018

Well, I think that the Clown-morons at Pearson have finally made some exam modifications without admitting it. I took and passed the Social Studies/Fine Arts subtest and passed it the first time. This was a miracle because this SS exam only has an 18% first time pass rate, and SS and Fine Arts is definitely not my area strength. There were few content questions and more Pedagogical based Social Studies questions...strange that in addition to the separate 100 Pedagogy exam, they continue to test additional pedagogy questions in each subtest. I now just have the Reading subtest #60 remaining to pass. My determination and confidence has finally increased with the successful passing of each exam, and so has my growing disrespect and near hatred of Pearson and the ineffective and sloth-like decision making of Indiana Department of Education. For my peers who are knotted up with anxiety and fear of not passing, I continue to advocate for advance planning and to set your expectations and budget to allow for multiple retakes. Strategically take an exam on a date where you have already looked ahead on the exam availability calendar to see availability for this test again in 30 days AND immediately pay and register for that exam EARLY. Even in Indianapolis area, there are limited dates and times available. Don’t let yourself fall into that trap! Be well, Be successful, Be Happy and INSPIRE!

2. kimmie23

kimmie23 Rookie

Feb 11, 2018

I sure hope you're right. I have to take it the second time (middle school math) this Saturday. I'll update if I see any difference from the last time.
    Thanks!

3. futureteacher2018

futureteacher2018 Rookie

Feb 11, 2018

I just took the Reading/Language Arts and the Special Ed Mild Interventions. Failed them both! That's another $159 down the drain ($45 + $114 for another stupid retake) and in the pockets of our friends at Pearson!

4. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Devotee

Feb 11, 2018

Pearson thanks you for your continued support! Thanks for stickin' with Indiana!

5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Connoisseur

Feb 11, 2018

Write down every question and concept you remember and study them since it’s still fresh in your mind. Study what you remember for next time! Good luck.

Jodi P. likes this.
  6. Jodi P.

Jodi P. New Member

Mar 5, 2018

I need to know if anyone can help me to find study material to pass the 062 elementary mathematics exam. I have taken it twice and my last score was 196. I was able to pass all the other content exams on the first try and pedagogy after two attempts. The first time I took the math exam I scored a 175 and the second time the material tested was totally different. I need to know better how to prepare. I felt like it I had more time I would of passed it the second time but I began to feel rushed and am sure this is why I didn't pass. I
    I utilized 240 tutoring which is a study site to help with this exam and the content exams and It really helped me pass the pedagogy. I took it one just on a whim to see what to expect and passed it the second attempt with room to spare.

7. hbanks

hbanks New Member

Mar 5, 2018

Jodi P,
    Any suggestions or tips for passing the English Language Arts and the Science content area tests? I have taken them and not passed. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. However I do feel that the questions are not very relevant and applicable to Elementary Education, but I can't change the questions on the test!
    I have purchased study guides and practice tests, but those don't seem to help.

8. Jodi P.

Jodi P. New Member

Mar 9, 2018

I used the 240 tutoring website to prepare for these exams. I found them to be extremely helpful. However I love English, SS, and Science and Math has never been my strong point. I hope this helps and give 240 tutoring a try as it was very helpful. Good luck

9. Destiny Lynn Peters

Destiny Lynn Peters New Member

Mar 13, 2018

Frustrated

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. futuremathsprof

Mar 13, 2018

?

11. T-Rex249

T-Rex249 New Member

Mar 16, 2018

Hi All! I'm taking my Indiana English Language Arts Content Exam 021 in 10 days and I have no idea where to start studying. I took it 30 days ago and ran out of time (I'm a slow reader). I ended up guessing on the last 10-15 questions. Needless to say I didn't pass. Please help! I'm currently studying terms on Quizlet and taken a few practice tests. I'm also going to reread the book I used to study for my CASA exam as a refresher.

Any suggestions at all? I really need to pass this test!

12. Hoosier82

Hoosier82 New Member

Apr 11, 2018

Hello!
    I am in need of help regarding the Math portion of this test! I have passed all of the sub tests except for Math. I've spent good money on many study guides and have found them to be less than helpful! I have exactly one more try, if I want to get a teaching position at the school I am currently at. Following my last attempt, I jotted down every question I could recall. I am wondering if anyone else has questions that they have written down. I would love to collaborate and hopefully get this dreaded test done ad out of my life! These tests have drained me mentally and financially! I JUST WANT TO BE DONE WITH THEM!!! :( Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

13. futuremathsprof

Apr 11, 2018

You signed an agreement when you took the test that said you would not disseminate actual test questions when you took it. If the testing organization discovered you did this, they could void all of your tests and bar you from retaking them. You ARE allowed to discuss general concepts seen in the test, just not specific test questions. And in case there is still any ambiguity, other test takers may not discuss materials they remember exactly, either. I can’t tell you not do this, mind you, but I would strongly advise against it.

Good luck studying!

14. Hoosier82

Hoosier82 New Member

Apr 11, 2018

So yeah... while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I hope you copy and paste what you sent to me and go through all the other posts who wrote the exact same thing.... we all know about the rotated tests, we all know or have friends who have shared test questions... Along with we all know these tests are difficult and are no reflection of us as a teacher. I’m not looking for trouble or an indirect threat from anyone on here. I have the same goal as everyone else. At this point I will go elsewhere. Btw In addition to completing a T2T program, I do have a BS in Criminal Justice... I’ve studied my ass off and put in a great amount of time for everything I’ve earned. I’d advise you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks Pal!

15. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 11, 2018

Welcome to A to Z, Hoosier82. Let me try rephrasing the undiplomatically framed post to which you were responding.

The short version is that it's wisest not to post or solicit actual specific test questions on a public forum like this. Test takers do indeed agree at least twice to comply with the testing policy of the testing company, be it ETS/Praxis or Pearson; the testing policies of both companies do indeed explicitly prohibit divulging actual specific test questions, on penalty of whatever punishment the testing company sees fit to assign; and the testing companies do indeed monitor A to Z and any other sites on which they suspect actual specific test questions might be shared.

The threat, in other words, doesn't come from A to Z: it comes from the testing company.

16. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 11, 2018

With all of that said, Hoosier, I'm happy to offer help with your predicament. Can you be a little more specific about what you've been using to study with? Are these study guides for the Indiana test specifically, or are you using any materials in math that aren't specific to the test? (I ask a lot of questions, yes.)

17. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 11, 2018

(futuremathsprof, I'll see you after class.)

SpecialPreskoo likes this.
  18. PesrsonisFraud

PesrsonisFraud Rookie

Apr 11, 2018

My emergency permit is about to expire. I’m currently teaching 2nd grade. We can help each other!
    help me

19. PesrsonisFraud

PesrsonisFraud Rookie

Apr 11, 2018

My emergency is about to expire and I’ll lose my 2nd grade classroom. We all know these tests are fraud, but I need help with SS to keep my job. My principals want to keep me and we all joke about these tests. But I have to pass it.

20. PesrsonisFraud

PesrsonisFraud Rookie

Apr 11, 2018

Let’s figure it out! I have materials to help, as I’m struggling in SS too. No test means I lose my 2nd grade classroom.