Indiana Core Content Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by laceyk8, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Audrea

Audrea Rookie

Jul 22, 2016

Does anyone have study materials for the Indiana Social Studies Historical Perspectives exam? I am in dyer need. :-(

2. blair lawson

blair lawson Rookie

Jul 23, 2016

I just failed the math for the third time. When I started I felt pretty confident. But then time just started messing me up. i had to rush a little but still felt ok. I wrote a few things down I questioned but not much. I bought both pre-test and studied. Does anyone have any suggestions or material that could help me. Please.....

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 23, 2016

Hugs, blair lawson. How close did you come to passing?

4. blair lawson

blair lawson Rookie

Jul 23, 2016

I don't know my score yet just took it today and know I did not pass. The first time I took it I didn't study and got 160 the second time I got 201.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 24, 2016

That's a nice increase in points, blair lawson! You should be proud of that!

When your score report arrives, let's talk.

6. dlr718

dlr718 New Member

Jul 25, 2016

Failed the historical perspectives exam for the third time today. Feeling so discouraged by the results, I emailed the director of licensing for Indiana and she is supposed to call me tomorrow to talk about passing scores and the passing rate for this exam in the whole state.

7. allydeak

allydeak New Member

Jul 30, 2016

I've taken the social studies test 3 times now! The first score was a 198, second was a 213 (so close!) and after recognizing most of the questions and thinking I did better, I got a 198 again on the 3rd test! So discouraging! I purchased 240 tutoring and the Pearson's practice test. Any other tips or study guides you all can direct me towards? I want to get this done and behind me! It's my last test left....

8. JCoop

JCoop New Member

Jul 31, 2016

I am having trouble passing the elementary generalist exam: science and health. Can anyone give me any pointers or websites that helped them pass? I am feeling a little discouraged and upset that I can't pass this test.

9. lwash

lwash New Member

Aug 1, 2016

Does anyone have any information on what the scaled score is for the 10 test that were lowered? I'm confused about how the passing score is still 220 but lowered the number of questions asked. I took the sub test for Indiana Elementary Generalist Reading & ELA and did not received a preliminary pass or not pass. I received a confirmation of taking the test so i don't know if this means the test has to be manually scored because of the the new lowered requirements. Please advise if anyone has had this happen.

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 1, 2016

The scaled passing score will still be 220, because 220 is the scaled passing score for all of Indiana's subtests: the score that corresponds to a theoretical test taker getting just enough questions right in order to be considered qualified in terms of what the subtest tests. The raw score on a multiple-choice teacher test is usually the number of right answers, but the raw score that maps exactly onto the scaled score of 220 is likely to vary from test to test (and especially if the number of questions varies from subtest to subtest).

When scores are issued later than expected, it usually means that a new version of a subtest has been introduced, and the test maker wants to see how a group of test takers does on this version before deciding exactly what raw score will now correspond to 220.

11. Cubbies1390

Cubbies1390 New Member

Aug 5, 2016

Does anyone know anything about tutors for these Pearson exams? I have failed the subtest Mild Intervention: Reading Instruction four times now :(

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 5, 2016

You might find some help in the Other Tests subforum, among the threads for reading-instruction exams like California's RICA. Aside from state-specific interventions and other programs, the content is fairly comparable from one state to the next.

13. lwash

lwash New Member

Aug 5, 2016

No practice test for Mild intervention Reading Instruction i failed it twice. Unfortunately my program graduate program did not cover anything on that test so i am just left out to dry. There is a practice test for reading instruction but, its not mild intervention specific. That test is to be licensed as reading teacher. It does say on the testing site if you past the elementary subtest reading and english language arts, the mild intervention is not required.

14. lwash

lwash New Member

Aug 5, 2016

Maybe you can ask your university if they have tutoring

15. Cubbies1390

Cubbies1390 New Member

Aug 5, 2016

Thanks for the response. Luckily I have received an emergency license for this year, but I'm at a great school and don't want to be forced out at the end of this year because of this dang test. I was wondering where on the testing site it says you can pass the reading and ELA subtests instead? That may be an option for me to try...

16. lwash

lwash New Member

Aug 5, 2016

I will post screen shot if allowed
    if you go to the indiana educator testing site, and click on content test, go down to required test for mild intervention

17. Bonnie2016

Bonnie2016 New Member

Aug 12, 2016

If you find any study material or tutors for this test please let me know. I too am on an emergency license for this test. It is the only one I need to pass now to get my license. I have failed it 3 times. I purchased study material from mometrix and recently purchased 10 practice tests from Exam Edge. The issue is they provide a little help, but are not like the test at all. I do have notes from the mometrix book if you can give me a way to get them to you I would be more than happy to share.

18. eleonorasmithh

eleonorasmithh New Member

Aug 12, 2016

What notes do you have for the exams? Is it just the elementary education generalist social studies or all of them?
    at notes

19. Bonnie2016

Bonnie2016 New Member

Aug 12, 2016

I purchased the book offered by Mometrix specifically on test IN 064 the Mild Interventions - Reading Instruction and have the information from the book written out as notes on a file that I can share with you if you are interested in them.

20. eleonorasmithh

eleonorasmithh New Member

Aug 12, 2016

I would love that!!