Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by FutureElementaryTeacher, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FutureElementaryTeacher

FutureElementaryTeacher New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Mar 13, 2018

Hi everyone! I'm currently a college student majoring in elementary education. I have a major assignment due that requires me to talk to a elementary teacher about inclusion in their classroom and how the advocate or support it. I'm not from around where I'm attending college, and the teacher that I emailed from my hometown with hopes that she would be willing to do this hasn't got back to me. It would mean the world to me if someone could answer 5 out of the 11 questions that I've posted. You can even chime in on anything that I didnt ask or that you feel is necessary to say. Please feel free to message me!! I've posted the questions below so you can see them. Thank you all so much.

1. Could you share an experience you’ve had while dealing with a child with an exceptionality (disability) in the classroom and how you handled it?

2. What is your attitude toward inclusion? Do you agree or disagree and why?

3. Why do you believe inclusion is important?

4. How would you describe your teaching style?

5. Share your own personal belief in regard to self-contained classrooms for students with special needs?

6. How do you plan lessons that accommodate a child who has special needs?

7. Did you find it difficult when going into a classroom to teach general education students and also having to accommodate some students IEP’s?

8. While you were a math coach, about how many of the students that came to your class for one-on-one time have an exceptionality?

9. While you were teaching as a general education teacher about how many of your students had an exceptionality?

10. Did you or have you ever have a teacher mission statement? If so, what was it?

11. Do you feel that teachers have the appropriate amount of tools and support necessary for the students to be successful?
  3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 19, 2002
    Mar 14, 2018 at 8:06 AM

Closing this thread because it is a duplicate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.