I'm so upset I can't stop crying

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by elizak83, Aug 5, 2008.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Aug 28, 2008

PS - interesting side note: I just read The Girls of Riyadh. I would love everyone to read it. It is a totally different culture, but the guys are the same! (the girls are a lot the same as we are also, but the cultural differences are more marked with females).

elizak - If you read that book it will really shine a light of perspective on men and how they behave - not why, but how!

2. Beth561

Beth561 Comrade

Aug 29, 2008

Let's make this its own thread!!!!:2up:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 29, 2008

Add your quotes & mottos that you live by in the following thread:

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=66507

BTW, I know it's hard to believe that the once sweet, lovable guy you "thought" you knew eventually showed his true colors.

In my opinion, that means he was putting on an act the entire time the two of you were dating because eventually him & people like him are going to get sick & tired of being the "nice" guy", then, the real colors come out after a while (even if it's 2-3+ yrs later). A genuine, true man would not have done things that way in the 1st place. Like we keep talking about in this thread, he would have broken it off w/ you 1st rather than sneaking, lying, & being a smart a$$. And now, he's being crazy/emotionally abusive.

I'm so glad my bf & I BOTH believe in NOT living together before getting married. It's just a whole array of other problems & when break-up day comes (because unfortunately, more than likely that day comes), it's just a huge mess. If I'm going to live w/ a man, we better had said "I DO" & my way of thinking will never change. I don't care if everyone else out in the world does it.

One more thing to add, I'm not saying you were thinking this eliza, but if any woman thinks living together before getting married will enable you to keep tabs on him, that's a big mistake. If a man wants to cheat, he'll do it living separately from you OR right under your nose in the same house.

4. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Aug 29, 2008

Maybe another thing that should be addressed is the Red Flag! He had a huge strike against him from the beginning in that his previous relationships all ended at 3 years!

elizak- Stay strong! Your situation has struck a cord because so many have experienced a cheater. Some guys can change their ways and go on to have a good life and keep their committments, but you are sure in a situation that you need to physically remove yourself from so you can get your emotional healing begun. As long as he has contact with you in any way, he is going to keep in the manipulative rut.

We are for you girl! STay strong!

5. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Sep 5, 2008

Elizak83

Long time--no hear. How are you doing? I hope that you are dealing with all your new situations, and are feeling stronger now.

Give us an update and let us know how you are.

6. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Sep 5, 2008

Sorry, this week was the first week of school, it's been busy!!!
    Welll....I moved in w/ my aunt and uncle and I am definetely starting to feel better. Jason does keep trying to call and upset me, I'm debating changing my phone number.

He had the nerve to say that I should become friends with his new gf...hahaha...ummmm right.

I really really think he's mentally imbalanced.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 5, 2008

I would change your number so he couldn't get a hold of you for anything. From what I have read (I've been keeping up with it even though I haven't posted), he sounds like he's not too concerned about your feelings, and him wanting you to be friends with his gf just confirms that.

8. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Sep 5, 2008

He basically did a 180 compared to right before we broke up....
    It's soo bizarre. I've gotten past crying and getting upset....now I just get annoyed. I've moved on, and I try to ignore his phone calls, but sometimes I still answer even though I know I shouldn't. My parents/coworkers/friends told me to change my phone number. They said hes not stable and they want him far far away.

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 5, 2008

I agree change your number. Good for you for moving on!!

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 5, 2008

I agree with your parents/friends/coworkers.

11. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Sep 5, 2008

What a jerk... can you have his number blocked from your phone??????

Glad that you've moved in with the aunt & uncle. They will love you and give you support.

I totally agree with Ms. I about living with a man. There's a lot to be said for marriage. Gays are desperatly trying to make it legal for a big reasons. Love and commitment is most important but then there's insurance, death benefits, mortages, & financial securtiy.

Girl, you're on your way up. Keep holding your head high!!!

12. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Sep 5, 2008

Change your number!! Seriously!!!!!

13. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2008

What an Idiot!!!!!

14. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Sep 5, 2008

I so glad to hear that you are moving forward and leaving him behind. He is definitely losing it, so tread carefully where he is concerned. If his new GF dumps him, he will be a bigger problem than he is now. I hope you are realizing that it is better this happened now. Sound like you are busy with school and that is good. I hope he leaves you alone by the time you move into you new apartment. Keep us updated on your progess! :thumb:

15. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 5, 2008

I agree with IrishDave.

Do you know how lucky you are to get out of this relationship? to not start a family with this man? to not waste another day with this man?

16. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 5, 2008

Look at the title of this thread, then look at your last post so far on here...think about how far you've come! Congratulations!!! You getting annoyed at him proves you are stronger and looking at things with a clear perspective. Now you know that no matter what happens (because on the human scale, that experience has to be up there as one of the worst), the sky won't fall, the sun will still rise and set each day and you will be okay. You aren't wasting energy on sadness or anger, you are moving on and although it hurt like hell, you can thank him for helping to shape you into a stronger woman than you were who will not let this happen to her again. Oh, and I second IrishDave's comment WHAT AN IDIOT!!

17. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2008

I agree...he is an idiot, and you should change your phone number and stay far away from him. I'm gald that you are at your aunt + uncles- good move! Keep busy with school- I'm sure you will have no problem doing that! Definitely keep us posted!

18. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Sep 5, 2008

I am sooo proud of you eliza!!:2up:

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 5, 2008

I hope you changed your # by now. Don't debate whether you should or not. Don't worry about it being too much trouble having to tell people your new #, people change #s all the time. The higher priority is that you shouldn't want to be bothered by this stupid, smug piece of trash! You shouldn't care about ANYTHING he has to say anymore.

As far as him wanting you to be friends w/ his new gf, I wouldn't even dignify that w/ a response.

20. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Sep 6, 2008

Someone may have already said this, but I'm only on page 20. Put his number on autoreject on your phone, then delete his voicemails without listening to them.