IL Special Education General Curriculum Test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by DaveG, Dec 22, 2010.

1. DaveG

DaveG Companion

Dec 21, 2010
    I will be taking the SPED General Curriculum Test, along with the APT, in February. Just wondering what to expect and what approach I might take to studying for them.

I hear that the APT is more situational based (like the LBS1 Test). Is the curriculum test similar then to the basic skills?
  3. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jul 6, 2006
    Hmm. I didn't know there was a sped curriculum test now. I think they recreate one every year to keep getting people to take tests. I tried to block them out of my memory after I gave them my money- did my time at the McCorrmick Place and got out of there. I believe the APT test has essays. I suppose I "studied" most for the basic skills test out of all of them- because I had to do math I haven't done in awhile- all of the tests all I did was look at what was online on the ICTS website. Took the practice exams and figured I was good. I passed all with flying colors (even the basic skills I was worried about and 1 night after spending the night in the ER). Unless they've changed in recent years really they aren't anything to worry about.