If You Could Meet One Member...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Aces

Aces Cohort

Jan 27, 2019

Or the walking stick ;) besides I have a Harley Davidson theme on my leg currently and I tend to show it off.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  2. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Jan 27, 2019

Somehow, I think your students would find that pretty cool.

3. Aces

Aces Cohort

Jan 27, 2019

Oh they love it.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2019

As it turns out, I probably hobble worse than you, even with the fake leg, so then I guess it would be down to gender as a criteria.

Aces likes this.
  5. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Jan 27, 2019

Arthritis? :(

One of my colleagues has arthritis and I always make sure to help him when he needs to move things in his classroom or out to his car because he walks with a cane. It makes me very sad to see him struggle.

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2019

I'm cane free, but have a steel rod in one foot that alters my gate. The rod fused the bones and stopped the pain, so it is a small price to pay. That said, I never turn down help with moving things.

MathGuy31 likes this.
  7. Aces

Aces Cohort

Jan 27, 2019

Maybe! Iunno I happen to think I get around pretty good most days. I do have bad where my leg just hurts to no end.

8. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Jan 27, 2019

Glad to hear you are pain free and don’t suffer with chronic, debilitating pain. I hope one of your coworkers offers to help out!

vickilyn likes this.
  9. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

Jan 30, 2019

I have a limp too. Severe car accident many years ago and tons (I mean tons) of hardware in my ankles, I managed to break both legs at once.

10. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Feb 1, 2019

In the UK members on the TES teacher website frequently arrange meetups. At meetings in Birmingham we have had as many as 30 members turn up. Similar meetings have been held in London, Leeds and Manchester. Probably easier in the UK given that the whole country is smaller than New Mexico!

stephenpe and ms.irene like this.
  11. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Feb 3, 2019

I find it much easier to "turn the other cheek" and either block incendiary posts or just ignore them.
    Personally, I often like to read trolling posts because it provides some comical refreshment.

stephenpe and MathGuy31 like this.
  12. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Fanatic

Feb 3, 2019

Then you owe it to yourself, and if your budget allows for it, to go the spa and relax. And get plenty of massages!!! I wish you well. :)

MathGuy31 likes this.
  13. Geologygirl

Geologygirl Comrade

Feb 3, 2019

There are many people I would like to meet one day. If I would have to pick one....I would pick Teachergroupie because they have been super supportive of me even when I was just considering becoming a teacher. Linguist2021would be neat to meet also. Teaching in a prison type setting is so hardcore!

MathGuy31 likes this.
  14. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 4, 2019

Ok , I i will get the ball rolling. Everybody wants to go to Fla. at some time or other. Lake City or Gainesville or even Daytona Beach (Flagler just north of there is MUCH better and not so eat up with tourists). Date and time. Lake City and Gville are both on I-75 the major corridor coming down through FLa. If Flagler Beach, it is less that two miles east of I-10. I Know plenty of places to meet up in those locales. btw Milsey, you are invited and I will buy your lunch..........Blazer has the longest trip so we work around his schedule.............can I get an AMEN?

Upsadaisy and Missy like this.
  15. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Feb 4, 2019

I would love to meet everyone. I'm not picky. It would be very interesting to see the faces and personalities behind the posts. sometimes I don't even know if a poster is male or female and then later on I find out I taught the opposite.
    So far I have 3 people on social media and I love it.

And I am going to Florida lol. Although it's out of the way, I'm going to Clearwater during spring break for 3-4 days to visit my mom and my sister. (My mom will be there from Hungary for 2 months).

And I am making a roadtrip from California all the way to Alaska, along the west coast, through Canada, and then back through a different route. I'm leaving the day after school is over, June 8th. It'd be interesting to meet up with some people. I will be camping and hiking along the way, just me and my German shepherd.