Ideas for Class Christmas Presentation

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by CanadianTeacher, Nov 20, 2006.

1. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Nov 20, 2006

Okay, I am looking for some cool ideas for our Grade 7 Christmas Presentation. Since I have never really seen intermediate kids perform for christmas, I have no real idea of what end-product I am looking for. I do know that I would love to impress everyone by coming up with something fairly original and obviously appropriate for their ages, in other words, a little more mature than just standing in a group and singing a song. For any of you who have done this before at the intermediate level, can you share some really cool ideas that would wow everyone?

3. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2006

That's a tough one! I would probably try to tie it in with the curriculum somehow. Write a modern twist on "A Christmas Carol" or colonial Christmas or Christmas around the world. Maybe your class could do a powerpoint or a short skit instead of a song.

4. teacherkerry

teacherkerry Rookie

Nov 21, 2006

When my daughter was in 7th grade her class sang a school version of the 12 Days of Christmas that was written by the teacher. It included verses that poked fun at some of the school rules and staff( in a nice way of course). The kids really enjoyed it.

5. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2006

That's a great idea!

6. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Nov 21, 2006

I was kind of playing with that idea, either changing the words to 12 days of Christmas, or Twas the night before Christmas. I just wasn't sure, and now that I hear it's been done successfully in seventh grade, I may look into it further. Thanks.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 21, 2006

Have the kids write a Christmas (holiday) rap and perform it.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 22, 2006

I still remember the skit we did in school. Poor old Rudolf lost his red nose. The toys (have kids dress up like action heros, baby dolls, teddy bears, etc.) help him get his red nose back. I can't remember the story line, but it was pretty simple, with a song or two, and then then Santat came in and found his red nose--(he simply pulled off the white cover to reveal a red nose). As a child I was so impressed by the "trick". Writing the story line could be a great class activity.

9. AnonyMS

AnonyMS Habitué

Nov 24, 2006

Remember to ask if everyone even celebrates this holiday before doing the program.

10. gr8_life

gr8_life Companion

Nov 24, 2006

I'd do a reader's theater. There are scripts online or you can purchase them at a Teacher's Supply. There is no memorization involved and the kids really enjoy these.

11. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Dec 1, 2006

I've decided to join with our grade 8 class and do 12 days of Christmas and Twas the night before Christmas. We've personalized the words to suit our school and its community. It's really cool and takes the stress off of me as a new teacher doing it for the first time.