I was screwed over. (Angry rant)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MaleTeacher, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

I am just upset with everything that happened. I was supposed to be finished with student teaching this month and graduating in May. Now because of my horrible cooperating teacher I have to redo my entire student teaching in August and my graduation is delayed to December.

I was removed from my first grade classroom after complaining to my university supervisor about my cooperating teacher. I told him how she made me pay 50 dollars to get my time log signed and $200 to get my evaluation forms completed. There were many other stuff that she did (taking gift cards, having me pay money for student accounts) and I snapped.

I talked with my supervisor in the hopes that he would stop her but instead I was removed. Because of my complaining I am now paying the price for it. My graduation is delayed and my search for other placements was horrible. I am just upset with myself. If I just had sat quiet and kept giving her money I would be finished right now.

CherryOak likes this.
  3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 6, 2018

[​IMG]

czacza and ms.irene like this.
  4. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

That was my face when I was told that I had to redo the entire student teaching internship. I feel as though they could have allowed me to search for another placement and complete my remaining hours at another school during this semester.

5. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Devotee

Apr 6, 2018

There has to be more to this story. What reason did your supervisor give you for removing you?

nstructor likes this.
  6. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

7. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

He said that what she was doing is extortion. I sent him an entire list of stuff that happened. I made a list of the money that I gave her. This doesn't allow me to include link, so I will type out the amounts that I had sent him. They were:
    -$50 dollars Christmas gift card for staff, which I left with my cooperating teacher.
    -$60 dollars for stuffed animals for the students; later told to not hand them out.
    -$51 dollars for student Christmas accounts.
    -$30 dollars to sponsor a class field trip;which later turned out that the school plays for all the trips through its own budget.
    -$50 dollars to get her to initial my time log.
    -$200 dollars to get my evaluation written.

He would not have believed me, but I would write down everything that was going on in my time logs.

8. a2z

a2z Maven

Apr 6, 2018

Nothing surprises me. In my home town, if you wanted to be a teacher, you had to bring an unmarked envelope with a specified amount of cash in it and leave it on the desk. Otherwise, you wouldn't get the job. This went on for decades. It was the dirty secret that everybody knew about but no one would report. Those that tried were just told that they didn't interview well and that is why they didn't get the job.

You just never know.

MaleTeacher and Leaborb192 like this.
  9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 6, 2018

I feel like I’ve just entered the Twilight Zone!

10. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

I was at a charter school that belong to a school district. The district does have a bad reputation in Michigan but I never thought that this would happen to me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  11. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

[​IMG]
    I think this works. If you click on it you will see a copy of my final documentation. It is one of the several pages that I sent to my college. It shows part of what happened, and the principal of that school signed it.

12. ssgirl11

ssgirl11 Companion

Apr 6, 2018

Wow wasn’t expecting that one! They should probably stop sending student teachers to that school if it has a bad reputation.

Also, might I suggest blurring out names for anonymity purposes.

13. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

I was the first student teacher they had. They know how hard it is to find a student teaching placement in Michigan and used it to their advantage.

14. a2z

a2z Maven

Apr 6, 2018

Please remove the image because it has identifying information in it.

15. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

This is another page from the entire documentation binder that I had to make to prove my innocence. When she realized that I told my university about her actions, she started accusing me of stuff. She said I was a horrible person who was always late and never did anything. I had to get evidence (student projects, pictures of me at the recitals and performances, my time logs) and I had to prove that I did nothing wrong.
    Why is it that everyone automatically assumed I was lying. I hate it how everyone turned against me when this all started. Once they saw the evidence then they were all so sweet and saying how they always believed me and knew I did nothing wrong.
    However, the end result is that I am the one paying for this. My graduation is delayed until December, which means that I am losing money. I planned to graduate, get my teaching license, and start teaching in the fall.

16. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

I will remove it shortly. I had a feeling that if I did not include it, nobody would believe me.

17. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 6, 2018

Who typed those documents?

18. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

I did. I made an entire binder of documentation. I then talked with my supervisor and he said it would behoove me to get them signed. If I didn't have the signatures then everybody would have believed the cooperating teacher. I mean, who would you believe if there was no documentation? An aspiring student teacher or a fully qualified teacher with years of experience.

19. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 6, 2018

Please, follow this advice ASAP!

20. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

Apr 6, 2018

I already removed the images.

21. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 6, 2018

I have unapproved any problematic reposts. Thanks.

It sounds like it may be a GOOD thing if you get a second semester to student teach, OP. It sounds like what you reported was not an authentic setting, let alone a positive one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.