I Really Need Help with the FTCE Elementary Education Exam K-6

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by meeper22, Feb 1, 2010.

1. CAteachernFL

CAteachernFL New Member

Feb 12, 2013

Hey There.. I passed the ftce! I googled quizlet -- that's the free site. I reviewed their exams and passed the FTCE K - 6 the first time.
    The test is EASY.. you can do it!

2. Diva Lig

Diva Lig New Member

Mar 4, 2013

Can you share your material with me or where you got it from?

3. Diva Lig

Diva Lig New Member

Mar 4, 2013

Can you send it to me?

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 4, 2013

Welcome to A to Z, Diva Lig. What material on this exam is giving you grief?

5. Janedoe

Janedoe New Member

Mar 8, 2013

How did you pass do you have any study materials because I am going throught the same thing third time taking it

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 8, 2013

Welcome, Janedoe. I'll put the same question I put to Diva Lig: what material on this exam is giving you grief?

7. Love2Teach!

Love2Teach! Rookie

Mar 9, 2013

Hey everyone. I just got home a little bit ago from taking my ftce k-6 test. I passed!
    I studied by using cliff notes. I studied for about 2 months and got and 80% on each practice test
    I am also a paraprofessional that works with a couple of math groups. I found math to be the easiest. However reading was very different from what I thought it would be like. I was studying a bunch of terms that were not even on the test.
    Social sciences could not have been any more random I thought.
    Overall, I can not say the test was easy (I took the full 4 hours) but if you put In the effort you can pass.

Just thought I would leave my thoughts since I know I was looking for other people's thoughts on the test before i took it

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 9, 2013

Congratulations, Love2Teach! ! (It's hard to punctuate after your username: sorry.)

9. elledee

elledee New Member

May 26, 2013

Help please!

Where exactly does one find their exams??? I have been digging for awhile with no luck--can you please help?? Thanks!:dizzy:

10. laperla618

laperla618 Rookie

Apr 21, 2014

Not easy

Hello, I've been reading all the posts regarding FTCE Elementary Ed K-6. I first took this test in March 2014 and did not pass, I scored 198. I can sympathize with all of you, this test was not easy. The questions were far off from any study guide, Cliff Notes, FTCE study guide, quizlet... I even googled study guides from other states. I will be starting a test prep class in a local community college and I hope this to be what can help me pass.
    In the meantime, since I needed a SAE to qualify for a teaching certificate, I took the Spanish test and ESOL test and passed. But I really want to teach elementary so the Elementary Ed is a must!
    Florida teachers: did you know there will be a new test for Elementary Ed starting May 2014? I read that the competencies and skills were revised to eliminate the sections containing music, visual arts, physical education and health, hence, these sections will no longer be reflected on the EK6 certification examination, effective May, 2014. Good news?? I HOPE SO!
    Don't lose the faith!