I need help

Discussion in 'General Education' started by callmebob, Jul 20, 2012.

1. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2012

10 days until we report back and my mind keeps wanting to think about classroom ideas. I can't make it stop.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 20, 2012

Perhaps it would help to write down things so they are out of your head and on paper. Empty your mind a little bit. Enjoy your summer while it lasts!

4. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 20, 2012

I sometimes have that problem when I can't fall asleep. I have to force myself to focus on somthing else!

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2012

Get out and go do something fun. You'll find your mind far from the classroom!

I can't seem to focus on school just yet!

6. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 20, 2012

Bob, you've been on AtoZ too much! LOL! I say you should embrace this enthusiasm and go work on your classroom! :)

7. time out

time out Comrade

Jul 20, 2012

I agree with writing it down. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I kept thinking of a beginning of the year math activity and after 30-40 minutes, I just got up and created a quick powerpoint slide :eek:hmy: But then I was able to go to sleep =)

8. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2012

Ha, not a chance am I going into the classroom until the day I have to. I'd rather stay late to get it done those days than go in early.

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2012

Tis the season, at least for those of you at the tail end of your vacations.

Start a word document, and write them all down. If and when you have a rainy day, get the stuff together. Then, at least when you HAVE to do it, it will be less work.

10. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jul 20, 2012

I go work on my room intermittenly. I couple hours here, a couple hours there. It works better for me that way. If I have to do everything in one or two days I get overwhelmed and don't accomplish anything. I have a list of wants and needs so that I don't get caught up in the cute stuff and neglect the important stuff.

11. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Jul 20, 2012

I do sympathize with you. Maybe we can start Teacher Obsessions Anonymous!

I forced myself, FORCED myself, not to bring my laptop, school papers, or the book I'm reading as part of a professional reading blog when I went on vacation. I still dreamed about school though. Even so, I'm having a very difficult time letting it go this summer. Break started with a nightmare about this past year, then a nightmare about the coming year. Usually don't start the bad dream thing until right before school starts.

I have to work three days before school starts for the teachers. I've put in two so far. Still feels like I have too much to complete. It always falls into place, but I stress about it all way too much.

12. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2012

That's why I'm obsessed with writing lists. :)

13. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2012

Confession: I'm leaving on vacation in about an hour. I brought some school work with me. Just in case the mood strikes me. In my defense, I'll be in a place with no phone reception, no TV, no internet.

14. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 21, 2012

Already stressing and having bad dreams about not being ready...I'm moving from 6th math to 3rd self-contained and just can't figure out how to get everything done. Already been working in my classroom once a week and not feeling very productive there either.

15. princessbloom

princessbloom Comrade

Jul 21, 2012

I'm the same right now. I think about work in my sleep and it's driving me crazy! I've stopped getting quality sleep about 2 weeks ago.
    And I still have 4 weeks left!