I interviewed today at a crème de la crème. The interview was good and I got the usu

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tgpii, May 3, 2012.

1. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

May 3, 2012

I interviewed today at a crème de la crème. The interview was good and I got the usually answer we got others to interview we will talk to you next week. What was unusual is the director who interview me was young male. Anyways any advice on follow ups or how to get the job? Thanks. :help::confused::thanks:

3. teachart

teachart Comrade

May 3, 2012

I would say the advice you've received in your other posts is a good start, good luck!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 3, 2012

Ditto.
    I see you're not heeding the advice about naming your threads, however, so I'm not quite sure why you even ask for help.

5. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

May 3, 2012

I'd start with correct grammar, especially when you're talking to teachers... :whistle:

6. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Aficionado

May 3, 2012

:confused: :dizzy: :banghead:

That's all I can say...

7. Xidous003

Xidous003 Companion

May 3, 2012

I think one...

1. Title your topics

2. All you can do is wait this out after sending a thank you card

8. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

May 7, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been in contact earlier this month with your organization. To date I have not heard from your office. I would like to confirm receipt of my application and reiterate my interest in the full time career opportunity.

I am very interested in working at your organization and I believe my skills and experience would be an ideal match for this position. If necessary, I would be glad to resend my application materials or to provide any further information you might need regarding my candidacy. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Thomas

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 7, 2012

:confused:

10. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

May 7, 2012

I am hesitant to continue reading your threads (let alone giving advice) when you seem to ignore the repeated advice and requests of previous posters...in previous threads...with continually the same topic...

11. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Groupie

May 7, 2012

I will give you some constructive criticism about your letter. It is too forceful. After you send the thank you letter it is out of your hands. They either want you or they don't. It is up to them, not up to you. That's life.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 8, 2012

I agree with all points.

Getting a job where you deal with people is dependent not only on your content knowledge, but on your people skills. People here have consistently tried to help you, but you seem pretty determined to continue doing things your way. So the people skills might require a bit of work.

And why it's important we know that the director was a young male kind of escapes me.

If you had the interview, then your second paragraph seems pretty pointless to me-- it's apparent that they have your materials if they called you in for an interview. It's out of your hands at this point. Badgering them won't change their opinion or their choice of applicants.

13. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 8, 2012

I agree. If I was in charge and received this letter, it and your resume would go into the trash. :2cents:

14. soldier86

soldier86 Rookie

May 8, 2012

My neighbor who wrote a book for new teachers suggested that if you are really interested in the position email the school a short letter right after you get home from the interview. I did this last week and still haven't heard back....haha.

15. Bmack

Bmack Rookie

May 9, 2012

IMO, the letter is not too forceful-closed mouths do not get fed. It states her interest, but is inaccurate.

They have already confirmed your application by meeting with you, tgpii. I would suggest editing the letter accordingly. Also, when finding generic letters on the internet, always edit them to fit your situation.

Best of luck!

16. Xidous003

Xidous003 Companion

May 9, 2012

I agree with what the previous posters have said. Also, we all make typos, spelling errors, and other grammar errors at times. I have seen that yours seem to be quite frequent. Are you an English language learner or speak another language other than English as a first language?

I ask this, because if this is the case, then I would get a native English speaker to proofread your resume, letters of introduction, etc. If you are not an EL learner then I would start to improve your written English as I believe this will help you a lot in the application process.