I don't want to teach anymore

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Flanny108, Aug 30, 2014.

1. lilia123

lilia123 Companion

Sep 2, 2014

I know when I went out for maternity leave the first time and came back I was really stressed out and felt very down on teaching. It did eventually get better after being there a couple of months. I don't know why leave of absences make teachers feel this way but just do your best and see how the school year goes. After a while you can decide if this is something you want to stick with or if it's time to change careers.

2. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Sep 2, 2014

I hope things improve for you, OP. It can help to vent!! Many of us understand. There are some posters on these boards who appear to be in ideal situations-high salaries, lots of supplies and resources, long, duty-free lunches, lots of planning time, supportive administrators and families, etc.,etc.,etc. It may be difficult for them to empathize and know that most of us are not in that type of position. It doesn't mean we don't care about our students or teaching, just that sometimes it can be stressful to juggle so many things we can't control. As Queenie said, most of us aren't perfect but we do a good job!:)

3. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Sep 2, 2014

I feel you, OP. Due to severe seasonal depression, I get really down on teaching from November until March. Sometimes I have to close my eyes and pretend that I'm on a beach somewhere. And Vitamin D supplements, so much Vitamin D. Take one thing at a time, and if you aren't perfect, smile and tell your supervisors that if you were perfect you'd be dead.