I am taking my reading test next week and am really nervous

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Neha713, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Neha713

Neha713 New Member

Apr 15, 2017

I have given my Plt 7-12 twice and have missed it by 3 points and 9 respectively next week taking the core reading test and am really nervous and scared can someone suggest what do I study or how exactly
    Neha

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 15, 2017

Praxis Core Reading is a test of reading comprehension skills (in contrast, PLT 7-12 is a test of knowledge of content). One doesn't exactly study for it, though one can (and many test takers should) brush up one's skills for it. One very good resource is Reading Comprehension Success in 20 Minutes a Day, published by LearningExpress and widely available at big bookstores, in libraries, and in used editions online. You could follow up with LearningExpress's Reasoning Skills Success in 20 Minutes a Day.

One key thing to know about multiple-choice questions: The correct answer is not necessarily the best answer; sometimes it's the least worst answer. It's the answer that either matches the information the question stem (the stuff before the possible answers) at the most points or misses the question stem at the least points.

It's possible that you'll also find that strengthening your skills in reading comprehension and reasoning will help you pass PLT 7-12.

4. Neha713

Neha713 New Member

Apr 15, 2017

Can you even give me some suggestions for plt 7-12 exam

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 15, 2017

Have you looked at any of the study guides? That REALLY helped me. Also, remember that you do not have to write out your answers in full paragraphs. Bullet point outlines that hit all the information will not only make your answers a little clearer, it will save you a ton of time (most people don't finish the test, including me).

6. Neha713

Neha713 New Member

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:26 AM

Hey I just had my reading core test yesterday and I got 172 in the test as after test it displayed that so thanks for the tips

catnfiddle likes this.