Human Anatomy and Physiology

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by jillsciencegirl, Jul 5, 2007.

1. jillsciencegirl

jillsciencegirl Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

I just received word that I am officially hired for my 2nd teaching position this fall. I previously taught 9th grade Earth Science for 5 yrs, but took time off to stay home with my kids. I'm going back to 9th grade (this time Physical Science--which I'm quite comfortable with). I'll also be teaching a section of Human Anatomy and Physiology. While I have a Bio minor, I really went the Plant/Micro route and did not take any Anatomy (and only Plant Physiology) in college. Does anyone have any good resources? Links to or lessons on HA?

3. HMM

HMM Cohort

Jul 5, 2007

Free class at UC Berkeley

IB 131 General Human Anatomy

4. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jul 6, 2007

I would definately take that class. Maybe hit up a college book store for college level Anatomy and Physiology texbooks.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2007

I wonder if there's a Dummies Guide...? I've always found those sorts of books pretty useful.

6. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Jul 6, 2007

Boy am I glad to hear that I'm not the only one who went the plant route! Best of luck. I've found that there are lots of resources available for Anatomy on the web, but I only did a short unit on it and nothing I have is too in depth. Things I've seen others do would include:
    CPR
    bacteria (gram stains, acid fast etc.) - would probably be an easy unit to do considering your background
    blood counts (I think you can now buy fake blood to do red and white blood cell counts on)
    dissection (cow eye, sheep's brain, fetal pig)

7. muinteoir

muinteoir Companion

Jul 10, 2007