How to show NCLB Compliance in CA

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ereliz33, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ereliz33

ereliz33 Rookie

Jan 27, 2010

Hello! I am applying for a job through Edjoin and the posting asks to attach proof of NCLB compliance. Does anyone know what sort of documentation I should attach?

Thanks!

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2010

I had this question before. I think it refers to the CBEST and CSETS, and CLAD certification, but if you are coming out of a credential program you already have those things. Your type of credential should be proof enough (if it is a newer one).

4. ereliz33

ereliz33 Rookie

Jan 27, 2010

Thank you! I just wasn't sure what to attach. I have all of those things, so I will include the CSET and CBEST scores with my application.

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 27, 2010

No prob!

6. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

Jan 28, 2010

CSET scores show this...I also have a paper from the district I work in that says that I am NCLB compliant in the areas that I am and that I obtained this through test scores (the CSET)

7. sandwich

sandwich New Member

Jun 6, 2011

This is the information I recieved:
    "You are looking for a Certificate of Compliance (California's NCLB verification) which can only be issued by a public school district. It appears you hold (or will hold) a Single Subject foreign language: Spanish credential and are therefore highly qualified via a (bachelor degree) or (CSET, NTE, MSAT, PRAXIS or other state level examination)."

"Unfortunately you can’t get a Certificate of Compliance until you are hired by a district. I suggest you state in your cover letter you are a highly qualified in foreign language: Spanish via (bachelor degree) or (exam) but do not have a Certificate of Compliance as you are new to the profession. I would suggest creating a word document which states the same and attach that when asked to attach your NCLB verification."

I hope it helps.

8. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Enthusiast

Jun 6, 2011

I'm not sure if you're Multiple Subject, but if you are, you'd also need your RICA score in addition to CBEST and CSET.