How to draw simple things

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by clynns, May 20, 2008.

1. clynns

clynns Companion

May 20, 2008

Hi! At my last school we used a lot of Jim Stone's animated literacy. There was a book full of how to draw simple things. My kids do not like to draw and on writing test and such they don't do well on their drawing which is scored. Today I taught them how to draw a person because I'm tired of seeing blobs and stick people. Does anyone know any sites where I can get step by step or simple directions on how to draw other things. They loved this activity and are excited to draw. I'd love to keep us their excitment for drawing! Thanks!

3. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

May 20, 2008

What do you mean the drawings are scored on a writing test? I never heard of that- as for the simple drawings I do not have anything.

4. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

May 20, 2008

I have a "How to Draw" book from Scholastic. I don't remember if that is the official title, though. Each page shows you step-by-step how to draw very simple objects. My students (K) and their buddies (5th graders) love using it.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 21, 2008

Ed Emberly has a bunch of "how to draw" books that even a non-artist like me can have success with

6. ian23

ian23 Rookie

May 27, 2008

there are books that could help your students how to draw...

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 27, 2008

I second Ed Emberly. Some of my students do not like to draw and when I brought these books in I can't get them to stop. They love them!

It is also a good following directions lesson plans, which is why I originally brought them in. The children had to write directions on how to draw something and then give it to another student and they had to follow their directions and draw it.