How I passed the GACE 001 & 002

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by aalore, Apr 26, 2010.

1. aalore

aalore Rookie

Apr 26, 2010

I am writing this to help someone else!!

I just received my scores that I passed the GACE 001 & 002. It took a lot of hard work.

1. The first thing I did was I went through the test design and framework and printed this out. I used this as a guide to make a study guide. I got large index cards and wrote down and defined almost everything on there I didn't know. I probably had about 100 large index cards.

2. I used the Georgia standards website. I looked over the standards, generally focusing on grades 3-5. There is a lot of information there for each subject on the test. Use those frameworks. I copied this information. It was VERY HELPFUL!! So, have a good understanding of the standards!

3. I bought the XAM GACE 001/002 book. It didn't have really good reviews, but a lot of information is very helpful from this book. I read through it and high lighted anything I thought was important. I KNOW I answered questions correctly because I had read the information directly from this book.

4. I also used brainpop..I love this site... it has so much information and is a great resource. One of my science essay questions came directly from a video on this site, that I had watched numerous times!!

5. Print out the sample test, and I also actually printed out some of the questions from some of the other tests.. liked sp. ed.. the questions were simliar to 001/002 and I used those to make sure I was truly understanding the subject matter.

6. Lastly, I prayed!!!

Let me know if I can help anyone!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 26, 2010

I'm not taking it, but thanks for a concrete approach that worked for you!!!

And welcome to A to Z!

4. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Apr 28, 2010

THANK YOU so much for posting this! I've been studying for several wks and the test is coming up. Its been really hard finding info on this exam. I've studied the online guide on GACE, created a list of terms I didn't know and went online to get the answers. I've studied the Praxis math, science (not much), history and early childhood questions. I copied the standards to my computer to go through them but wasn't sure if that was a good idea...now I know! Thanks for the website Brainpop. Going to it now! I have a few hours for study time before I pick up my son!! I'm excited! Thanks again...and prayer works! God will work it out!

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 28, 2010

And don't forget to breathe, please, GradSTUDENT07.

6. GradSTUDENT07

GradSTUDENT07 Rookie

Apr 29, 2010

Thanks TeacherGroupie! Your right...Its funny how even on msg. boards someone can read the anxiety in someone. I do need to breathe and relax!

7. artheugadawg

artheugadawg Rookie

Oct 18, 2010

Thanks

Thank for the information. I will let you know how it turns out.

AR

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 19, 2010

When are you taking the test, AR?