How do you suggest that I prepare for....

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by TulipsGirl, Nov 14, 2010.

1. TulipsGirl

TulipsGirl Cohort

Nov 14, 2010

Is there anyone who has taken the Special Education General Curriculum Test (test 163)? Can anyone suggest how to prepare for it? I'm not taking the test until February, but I want to prepare as well as I can.

I found a test prep book on Amazon, but the two reviews were not very encouraging: ICTS Special Education General Curriculum Test 163 Teacher Certification Test Prep Study Guide (XAM ICTS) Has anyone used this book? Are there other suggestions you can make to help me prepare?

Thanks - I appreciate any advice!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Nov 14, 2010

Read up on different disabilities as well as accommodations. Also, be sure to read up on the current law.

4. TulipsGirl

TulipsGirl Cohort

Nov 14, 2010

Thank you, Mopar, for your suggestions. I'm glad you mentioned this, as when I looked at the study guide on the ICTS website, the study guide for this test did not seemed geered in the direction of law at all... rather whether the examinee has an understanding of the state standards in the areas of reading and literacy, math, natural sciences, and social sciences. I'm sure that there will be several questions on making accomodations for different disabilities, but I think that that focus was addressed in the LBS1 test. Of course, I could be mistaken. Have you taken this particular test: Special education general curriculum test 163?