Housecleaning

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Backroads, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 21, 2018

Housekeeper comes 3 hours twice a month for $16 an hour...floors, bathrooms, kitchen, vacuum, dusting. It gets done in between by one of the five of us. Each son also has responsibilities each day/week...own room, own laundry, own bed sheets, dishes, shoveling/mowing, dog doo, etc. They have done this since school age.

2. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 21, 2018

I need to do the same thing this weekend. I also have to do a bit of work in my son's room before he flies in on Monday; my daughter has been moving things from her room in there to keep the dog from getting into them.

3. whizkid

whizkid Comrade

Dec 21, 2018

Housecleaning is done. Dessert is all that's left to do.

4. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Dec 22, 2018

People have clean houses??/ LOL.

I just rearranged several rooms in the house which means all the stuff that was put away is no longer put away. I have two weeks to clean the house, plan for classes at the new school and fold all the laundry that is clean, but not folded (all of the grand kids clothes, ALL OF THEM)

I need a better plan lol

5. Unetheladyteacher

Unetheladyteacher Rookie

Dec 23, 2018

I always clean before breaks or vacations. It is one thing that makes me feel better. I travel to Canada over the Christmas holidays, though, so I just clean to make sure I have a clean house. I have autism, so cleaning is always something that is on my list of chores so that I can figure out how to tackle it without getting too overwhelmed.

wldywall likes this.
  6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 2, 2019

I'm sure some people do!! Mine gets clean an then 10 minutes later I see dog hair flying off the dog, hubby leaving stuff around...UGGG! My biggest problem is floors I think. I remember years ago working with a woman who said she mopped her floors every night. I have no idea how I could do that without going bonkers LOL