Holiday Gifts for Husband/SO

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ku_alum, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

My husband is a GREAT gift giver. But, I always struggle with ideas for him ...

I know he wants a toolbox for the bed of his truck (but I'd need his input on that).

I've thought about:
    - updating the television in the kitchen
    - a large rolling toolbox for his workshop

He has every tech gadget already.
    When he needs a tool he just buys it .
    I keep him in trendy clothes for his birthday.

What are you giving to your man this year?

3. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Nov 13, 2010

I have no idea. I have a hard time buying my husband something, even though he drops hints...I want to get him something he will enjoy. My husband still plays video games lol so normally its at least one game for his PS3 and then maybe clothes. What if you find three choices of the toolbox he wants and have him choose the two he likes the most? Or get him a giftcard to go buy it. Good luck!

4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

Right now a patagonia rain jacket. I know he wants flannel lined khakis but not sure what else

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

I get my husband's flannel lined khakis online at Bass Pro Shop. They have a variety of brands and prices.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 13, 2010

My BF loves my gifts. But of course, as the years pass, it becomes more difficult to think of something...usually. Let's see, how about...

take him to do whatever he wants the two of you to do
    a book/DVD he's wanted
    wallet
    watch
    business card holder
    money clip
    shoes
    sunglasses
    gift card (for his favorite store)
    tickets to a sporting event

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2010

Mine just told me earlier he wants a racheting screwdriver. lol. And I also think I am going to get him kungfu panda. He also desperately needs some clothes. And I always get him a calendar and write silly holidays on it. That has been a tradition since our first Christmas together. We had only been dating a month but we wanted to exchange gifts. He told me he wanted a calendar, which seemed ok for a only been dating a month gift, but I wanted to make it a little more special.

Other than that, we are getting a big gift for each other for the house - I think it is going to be a king sized bed. Woot!

8. gigi

gigi Groupie

Nov 13, 2010

I'm stuck too. DH has said he wants new batteries for his rechargeable drills and window guards for his new truck. Just doesn't sound exciting to me, but if that's what he wants.....

9. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2010

In recent years DH and I haven't gotten each other much of anything, but we'll hit the after-holiday sales together. We usually get something for the house--two years ago we updated the family room TV to a flat screen, and last year we upgraded the DVD player to Blu-ray (though we went through three players before we got one that would work for more than a couple of months!)

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 13, 2010

I'm trying to save up to get him a gun cabinet. It's about $700, so it's been a long time saving!

11. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Nov 13, 2010

My DH told me he wants new socks and underwear. I'm tempted to pretend that's all I got him and see how he reacts.

He also has a birthday right before Christmas so it's a double whammy. I got him a nice new camera bag for his Nikon (a $100 bag I found on ebay for $60). I also considered getting him a subscription to satellite radio for the car but ultimately decided not to, so I am just going to get him a gift card to Best Buy...kind of impersonal, but I know there's something there he wants and he won't say what it is because he doesn't want me to go out and buy it, so I figure if I get him a GC then he can use it towards whatever it is.

12. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Nov 13, 2010

We are saving up all our extra money to purchase a house next year, so we are going low key. Probably just something small like America the History of Us on DVD, something he really wants and would enjoy.

13. Miss.W

Miss.W Companion

Nov 13, 2010

A friend of mine told me that her husband loved it when she had his car detailed as a present. Just an idea...

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 13, 2010

OH, my mom gets my hubby a car detail every year for his birthday. He LOVES it!

15. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

I am pretty sure I saw this DVD at Walmart today and very reasonably priced. I loved the whole series!

16. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Nov 13, 2010

^I've seen it at Target too, I saw parts of it, and liked it. We will probably get my dad a copy for his birthday. I actually have a phobia of Walmart, strange I know, but we did order the Pacific Mini Series from Walmart.com today for DH, he couldn't wait to get it!

17. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

No idea. When I asked him today, he said he just wanted to keep the money in the bank account. Typical answer.

18. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

My dh wishes I had a phobia of Walmart and Target :whistle:

I am watching Pacific right now

19. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

since I high-jacked and double posted :D thought I post on topic

new biking jersey
    music dvd's
    Dallas Clark jersey
    framing some of his navy pictures for his office

20. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 13, 2010

I need Major to chime in here...

Oh, Major! :whistle:

I think you and my hubby are similar...I'm trying to get him a gun cabinet for xmas, but I might have to wait til his birthday (I don't want to get him a cheaper one just because it's christmas-I want to do it right, which might mean spending more money. My sister had one made for her hubby, and it was $3500 :eek:). So what else would a football loving, camping and boating, hunting extraordinaire want as a gift?

His stocking gift is always wool socks, new underwear, and a hunting/fishing license...

21. Starista

Starista Cohort

Nov 14, 2010

Welll... now my list expands!

I found on NFL.com a Dallas Cowboy's (hubby's team even though they're rancid this year) baby frame! Our son needs that!

I want to get hubby this "Willow Tree" figurine of a man holding a baby... But I feel he'll look at it for 45 seconds, smile, and then put it on the end table for me to dust off and find 2 weeks later. :) :)

Socks/essentials from Old Navy are in order too. :)

We are also each buying 5 gifts for Liam (our son, who is baking still) and will open them up together. So far I have 2 board books of "Good Night Moon" and a Christmas one. Not sure whatelse...!