High school teacher halloween costumes?

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Miss_D, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Miss_D

Miss_D New Member

Oct 23, 2005

hello! so i'm a first year teacher (teaching grade 10 science and grade 11 biology) and with halloween coming up, i was wondering if anyone has any neat (and preferrably inexpesive) halloween costume ideas? Idoesnt have to be geared towards a science teacher, but i figured i'd throw that out there incase anyone happened to have some ideas for science teachers.

My sister is a 2nd year high school english teacher and for anyone who was lookin for an idea she is wearing a tiara and a large brown paper bag and goin as "the paper bag princess" (from the childrens book)

Please help!

3. bioguy

bioguy New Member

Oct 29, 2005

halloween ideas

Try doing something with your whole department (if you can get them all to participate). One year we (go science dept!) all dressed up as different types of roads. Everyone wore jeans, a black shirt and put some yellow lines down the front. There was Rhode Island, Road -E-O (rodeo), someone dressed up as The Boss (Thunder Road), and of course a mutilated stuffed animal bunny pinned to a shirt for road kill.

4. skippy7781

skippy7781 Rookie

Oct 29, 2005

I think a mad scientist with a lab coat and a pair of goggles and a kettle with dry ice would be fitting

5. srh

srh Groupie

Oct 29, 2005

I found a cute "spaghetti and meatballs" costume you could put together with stuff mostly from home...I teach Kinder, and this meal is my kids' hands-down favorite. But I'm opting to go as a princess to my partner's "Knight in Shining Armor." Oh well. (For me, goofy is better than trying to come across as too serious and getting it wrong!! :-D)

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10225

6. ~Teacher~

~Teacher~ Rookie

Oct 30, 2005

Be a "smartie pants"....tape smartie candy on your pants!