Hey does anyone have any cute cover pages, and dividers for a teacher portfolio?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Luv2Teaching, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Luv2Teaching

Luv2Teaching Rookie

Jun 7, 2011

I like professional but attractive cover page and divider designs and was wondering if anyone knew any websites that I could download them from? Thanks!!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 7, 2011

I have a scrapbooking program that allowed me to make my own. I think that you can buy a good scrapbooking for under $50.

4. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jun 7, 2011

I used stationary paper (you know the kind with the cutesy border, etc). I put educational quotes that meant something to me on each one of my dividers. I imagaine, though, you could do something cuter like maybe put pics from your teaching,etc on on the divders. Oh I might do that. I have a ton of pics from ST but my only year of teaching.

The only thing holding me back from doing more with the port is that (darn if I don't feel like Debbie Downer lately), most P's don't even look at the portfolio. out of probably 50 interviews I've been on over the last couple of years, I have never been asked for it. I open it when it is appropriate to show something but never asked. In fact, what I do is create a mini port to had out at interviews so they will look at what I can do.

5. Miz_Jay

Miz_Jay Companion

Jun 7, 2011

This is exactly why my portfolio if woefully out of date. During student teaching they told us principals never look at it so there was no point in keeping one past when it was graded during out Block classes.

6. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jun 7, 2011

I just used the sheets that are provided in MS Word under Projects...they have a variety of styles, most are professional-looking, and you can customize with text. I wouldn't spend money on anything, b/c I agree, many committees do not even look at these.

7. ami6880

ami6880 Companion

Jun 7, 2011

I just used stationary paper I found. I was told not to use cute paper, but to keep it professional. I also put a piece of cardstock in page protectors behind the page for the dividers.

8. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 7, 2011

Google images ... find something you like, then size it to fit the page.