HELP KIDS ARE DOING SEXUAL ADULT THINGS!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by TeacherCuriousExplore, Feb 17, 2017.

1. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Companion

Feb 17, 2017

I have two young girls in my classroom that are into sexual adult activities while on their mats. Some weeks ago girl 1 dragged a little boy on top of her while they were on their mats. I was away from lunch and the other teacher was to keep an eye, but when I came back the boy was on top of her rubbing her face. I have now moved her away from the boy in a quiet corner at eye view in the classroom. Then girl 2 has some childhood crush on one little boy in the classroom. She goes into the writing center and write letters to him. I asked her what the letters say and she says I love him and want to kiss him. I think the action is cute, but should kids a the pre-k age be thinking about having crushes and knowing what to do with crushes?
    Girl 1 and Girl 2 are best friends. Whenever I put on kid songs for music and movement they dance like adults. They shake their hips and butts while rubbing onto their chests! Then today, the little boy that girl 2 has a crush was playing with or touching her butt.

I am almost for certain that girl 1 and girl 2 exhibits these activities from their mothers because I see the awful things that their mothers post on facebook. I have not made their parents aware of this.

They are extremely advanced pre k children when it comes to different subjects. They are now doing Kindergarten activities. The only problem is that they do sexual stuff.

3. MetalTeacher

MetalTeacher Rookie

Feb 17, 2017

Sounds to me like your assumption is probably right: they're probably getting exposed to more adult-oriented entertainment (tv shows or music) at home. Not to mention that adults start "shipping" their children with others at a young age ("the girls/boys are going to be all over him/her!")

It only takes one or two to start spreading it to the others, too. Making their parents aware isn't a bad idea, and I'd talk to the counselor as well to see if there's anything else you should be doing.

TeacherCuriousExplore likes this.
  4. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Habitué

Feb 17, 2017

I would talk to the entire class about it.
    Whenever one of our girls talk about having a boyfriend or kissing, we tell them that's for grownups and that kids should just act like kids & have fun & play. We haven't heard the word "boyfriend" or seen anything adult-like in months

TeacherCuriousExplore and miss-m like this.