HELP!! 5 Minute lesson plan idea

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by toofine79, Feb 24, 2005.

1. toofine79

toofine79 New Member

Feb 24, 2005

Hi, this is my first post and I am interviewing for a teaching position Friday 2-25-05, and I need to do a five minute lesson plan that applies to any grade level from 1 - 8. Does anyone have any ideas. I need to involve the other applicants as students and I will be video taped. Please help me if you can!!!!

Thanks

3. Prissypants

Prissypants Companion

Feb 24, 2005

4. Michelleh

Michelleh Guest

Feb 24, 2005

We have an English progam called Shurley English. It teaches children jingles to learn parts of speech. There is a song for learning what a noun is. It goes to the tune of This Old Man, He played One; The words are:
    This little noun
    floating around
    names a person, place or thing,
    with a Knick, Knack, paddy wack,
    These are English rules.
    Isn't language fun and cool?
    You could teach the song and then have a little game. Have three flower pots. Print person on one flower pot, place on one flower pot and thing on the last flower pot. Put words on some cut out flowers and let them place the flowers (words) in the correct pot. ;)

5. toofine79

toofine79 New Member

Feb 24, 2005

Thanks for your suggestion. It's great!!

6. peterpan

peterpan New Member

Feb 24, 2005

Hi I am new to this too! I am not sure how to post my question so will do it here. I also need a quick activity for a classroom presentation for today which contains both whole language instruction and phonics...

7. Michelleh

Michelleh Guest

Feb 24, 2005

I thought of another one too. I did this one when I went through my formal observation. I took a bowl and a spoon and printed off letters from the computer. I cut them out and dropped each letter in my mixing bowl. I already had some blends in the bottom of the bowl. I let a student stir the letters in the bowl. Then I pulled out a blend. An example would be: I would already have STR in the bowl. I would drop in the letter S, then the letter T, then the letter R. After we stirred the letters together we get one sound and that is when I would pull out the blend. Then you could brainstorm words that started with the blend. You could also bring in examples: Str=strawberry, gr=grape, bl=black crayon. You could wear a chef's hat and an apron. :rolleyes: