Has this ever happened to you??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by **Mrs.A**, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

haha. I had the same thought!

The P at my school pops into our rooms frequently. It used to drive me nuts. Now it only makes me nuts if she brings a note pad with her!

2. Yank7

Yank7 Habitué

Aug 13, 2009

That is a concerned principal who really wants to know what is going on in his school. I hope he uses the observations wisely to praise the teachers on things he sees going well, as well as make suggestions, in a helpful way, that might improve instructions for both students and teachers.

3. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Aug 13, 2009

My classroom door used to squeak when it was opened so I always knew who was coming and going. One day I decided to grease the hinges. Worked like a charm. Except I would look up to find my principal wandering around my room. So I hung a lovely bell on my door handle so I would always know when "students" left or entered the room.

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2009

I have jingle bells on my door, also! I'll bet we start a trend here.

Not only do the P and AP come in everyday, but we have to do peer visits all the time. Teachers walk in, observe, and leave every week. People from Central Office stroll around also. I've had three parents swing by, and two of them were just checking on their kids because the two kids had been misbehaving. They didn't need to speak to me; they just sat in the back of the class and observed their darlings.

The kids are very very used to it and don't skip a beat. Me? I could care less, now.

5. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2009

I keep my door open 99% of the time. Maybe I should start closing it:D

Technically, we're supposed to have our doors shut and locked at all times but that's probably one of the few rules I break.

6. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Aug 13, 2009

my P comes in all the time. Mainly it's with a folder of stuff she needs to work on and just wants peace and quiet :D

last year I was working with my kids on a playdough map. I was tired of walking around handing out chunks of playdough (there were like 6 different colors) so I started just tossing hunks to the kids. My assistant superintendent walked in at just the right moment and caught a ball of playdough flying through the air.

He was really great about it-but then he's an awesome Assist. Super.