Has anyone heard of this website helping?

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by TeachSC, Jul 4, 2005.

1. TeachSC

TeachSC New Member

Jul 4, 2005

I am starting to study for the CSET - Social Science and have read all the current postings from everyone on how to and what to study. Thank you all for that. I came across a website called www.cateachingsoolutions.com where you pay $49.95 for study material that is guaranteed to work. Has anyone heard of this site and if it is successful? I can't tell if it is a gimmick or worth the money.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 5, 2005

Do a search of Google using the domain name without the "www" and the ".com".

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 5, 2005

5. dadler7

dadler7 New Member

Jul 29, 2005

Hey, I actually purchased it and I thought it was really cheesy and not very helpful. It's a bunch of information copied and spiraled together. I haven't really relied on it for good information.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 2, 2005

See if you can locate a copy of the TIMES COMPLETE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, which is a huge historical atlas. Barnes & Noble was carrying it as a gift book last Christmas; after Christmas they were selling copies on the bargain shelves for something like $20.

If that doesn't work, Oxford has a nice world historical atlas out for around $42. Either book would be a good choice for a classroom library.