Happy!

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by BillyChris, Apr 23, 2017.

1. BillyChris

BillyChris Rookie

Apr 23, 2017

I am very happy to report that I took my Praxis 5039 and passed. SC requires a 168 to pass and I made a 181. I appreciate all the helps that have been posted on this board! I would not have made without your aid.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 23, 2017

Congratulations! That is a fantastic score. Hoping this helps you with your job search.

futuremathsprof and Alijae200 like this.
  4. BillyChris

BillyChris Rookie

May 24, 2017

I have also been hired for a position teaching Middle grade ELA for the fall. So now the adventure begins.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  5. Alijae200

Alijae200 Rookie

Jul 12, 2017

Hi Billy,
    I am taking my test next week. I have been studying and I feel that I am ready. How hard is this test? I am not feeling nervous because I feel prepared. I have seen some post stating the test is easy so in your opinion is it easy?

6. BillyChris

BillyChris Rookie

Jul 12, 2017

Alijae200:

I would not classify this test as "hard"; I am not certain it was as easy as some have indicated, either. I, like you, prepared myself and felt that I had done all I could. I was surprised at the things that were not on the test (e.g., very few of the authors I had studied). If you have studied, I believe you will do well. Please let us know how you did when you get your scores.

7. Alijae200

Alijae200 Rookie

Jul 16, 2017

OK. That boosts my confidence. As I am going through my study guide that I printed from of of the ets website and the book that I purchased. Everything is lining up so I think that I should be fine. But I will let you know how things turn out.

8. Alijae200

Alijae200 Rookie

Jul 23, 2017

okay, I took my test on Wednesday past. I haven't gotten my scores because my extended response has to be graded. That test was not super hard, but i felt like those passages were to long. i was running out of tie so i had to read fast and click on answers. I feel like I did well on the extended response. So i guess i will know in two weeks! i hope and pray that i make the score i need to pass.

9. Kenkad

Kenkad Rookie

Apr 16, 2018

How did you do? I took the test last week and my nerves are shot! Honestly, I really didn't prepare as I would've liked but that was difficult with a newborn. I took the middle school ELA praxis and found that one much more difficult. It's so much information, I'm wondering what I should mainly focus on?

10. Alijae200

Alijae200 Rookie

Apr 16, 2018

I didn't pass. I will be taking it again soon. R u or have you taken the 5039 test?

11. Kenkad

Kenkad Rookie

Apr 17, 2018

Yes, I took it last week. I didn't feel it was that difficult. I think if I would've studied, I'm confident I would've passed. I'm prepared to take it again, I just feel their is so much information to to cover. When I did study, I tried to match the authors with their works, but their were only maybe 4 questions out of the 130 that related to literary works. It was more on teaching strategies.