Halloween arts and crafts for 3rd grade

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by gigi, Oct 22, 2005.

1. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 22, 2005

My friend will be going into her child's third grade classroom to do some arts and crafts for Halloween. She is looking for some quick ones, and since I teach pre and k, I have no idea where to even look to help her out. I don't think the kids would like to do what 4 and 5 year olds do. Any ideas for some quick crafts? Or websites ? Thanks for the help!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 22, 2005

Go to www.Crayola.com for lots of easy ideas.

My room parent actually just ordered 4 crafts from Oriental Trading and is going to set up stations for the afternoon. They are inexpensive and easy because they are bagged already. This is not the day I want to be too creative. I just kind of want to survive it.

4. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Oct 22, 2005

How about www.orientaltrading.com? I agree with you Upsadaisy. It has a lot of craft kits to order and fairly cheap. A lot of Halloween ideas but simple enough to do in the classroom!

5. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 22, 2005

I love Oriental Trading too, and they are convenient. But I think she is doing all the preparing herself and she really doesn't have the cash to spend. I think she was thinking more of using what supplies are already at school. I will suggest it to her though.

6. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Oct 23, 2005

In the past, I've used ideas from oriental trading co, but just made the pieces out of paper and then we put the project together. The projects turned out just as cute!

7. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 25, 2005

I have done that too! I will get more information from her, find out if she is buying the materials, or being reimbursed, or what. Thanks for the help.

8. happyteach

happyteach Rookie

Oct 25, 2005

We are making pumpkins out of egg cartons. Cut apart the egg holder, glue two together, paint orange and let the kids decorate. You an place beans inside to make a noise maker also.

9. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 26, 2005

Love that idea too, thanks!