Guided Reading tubs/storage

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teach1abc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. teach1abc

teach1abc Rookie

Aug 4, 2015

I just leveled my classroom library using guided reading levels. Where is there a good place to buy tubs to store my leveled books and tubs for the kids to keep their books in? I was looking at Lakeshore but I don't really want to spend hundreds of dollars. Any ideas?

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 5, 2015

A friend of mine bought the ice buckets that go in your freezer and spray painted them. They turned out really cute. I bought my bins at Family Dollar and Dollar General.

4. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Aug 5, 2015

5. Sunskyteach

Sunskyteach Rookie

6. applecore

applecore Devotee

Aug 6, 2015

I've bought baskets from Really Good Stuff, Target, Walmart, and the Dollar Store.

The best ones that have stood the test of time (6 years) though are the ones I bought from Target.

7. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Aug 6, 2015

Just had to add that I love this thread! Thanks Sunskyteach! I just bought baskets for my library from your link! Such a great deal! :)

8. phillyteacher

phillyteacher Comrade

Aug 6, 2015

I just bought a ton of clear plastic storage bins from Ikea. The ones that fit chapter book sized books are something like $1.20 per bin.

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 6, 2015

I've bought 2 sets from ReallyGoodStuff and have only had 2 baskets break. Worth the money. My big suggestion is don't get light colors if the kids are going to use them. Yellow, lime green, and teal really stained from wear (pencil, crayon, stuff on the floor, etc...). No matter how many times you tell them not to put those pencils in the bins, they still do. Magic eraser helps a good deal, but not all the way.

I did see that Steps to Literacy was selling similar ones now. Not sure how comparable for the price.