Guess Who's on the Good Housekeeping cover (Nov)????

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Oct 6, 2008.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 6, 2008

Just heard the news...Jon & Kate Gosselin are on the cover of the November issue! I can hardly wait to see it!

3. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Oct 7, 2008

Woot! I might have to go buy it now!

4. janlee

janlee Devotee

Oct 7, 2008

I was visiting a friend last evening and she had the show on in which they discussed their time with Good Housekeeping. Could Kate have complained any more about the experience? She only considers the magazine an OK one. If it is just OK, why do it. I am sure there are plenty of other families who would have enjoyed the experience. I feel the Good Housekeeping people went out of their way to please Kate, even after telling them what they could and could not do.

5. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 7, 2008

Sandra, It was on last nights episode of J and K plus 8. They showed the whole shoot.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2008

My BF and I just watched an episode of this because I had heard some good things, and also they live pretty close to him. I thought it was terrible. She just complained the whole time. The kids were cute, but I could not take her incessant complaining. I don't blame her, I would probably be the same way if I had 8 kids. But I definitely can't get into that show.

7. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Oct 7, 2008

:agreed:
    Kate is always like that - at the Crayola factory, at the cupcake bakery, anywhere that the kids might get dirty. And, Jon - he needs to grow a pair!

Raising children is NOT a spectator sport. Jon and Kate should each get a job and stop relying on their kids to support them. :2cents:

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2008

boohoo; I missed it. I'm going to have to catch a rerun...maybe this week.

9. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 8, 2008

Sorry but this is going to come out sounding rude! Do you even watch the show??! If you did you would know that Jon is an I T analist and I hear that they make very good. And Kate was A nurse (my moms a nurse they make good). She is now a stay at home mom. If I had 8 kids I would stay at home too because daycare is WAY to expensive especially for 8 kids. Can you imagine?! I do not have kids so dreaming up daycare costs is crazy. I do have friends with children and its pricey. I think they would do just as well for themselves if they were given no help. Hey if someone told you all you had to do was be on tv and you go a free trip to ----location wouldn't you go? I would go in a min. without thinking unless work or college was a problem preventing it!

10. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Oct 8, 2008

I'm sorry, it seems to me that Mandagao06 doesn't seem to watch the show much. Kate hasn't worked in a very long time and Jon makes good but not enough for them to do all that they do. The kids make all the money, I am sure pretty soon Jon will quit his job and leave it to the kids. Jon and Kate were in People Magazine this week and they said that Cara and Mady go to a small private school and that both girls are having a hard time with everything. I don't know but if my kids were having a hard time in 2nd grade because of something stupid like that, I would get rid of it. Those kids are going to be so screwed up.
    This show disgusts me now, I think that the kids are beyond adorable but I can't stand the parents, especially Kate..ugh

11. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Oct 8, 2008

Mandagap06 -- Daycare is fairly "inexpensive" in my area - We spend $450 a month. So it would easily be $3000/month for them to put even just the little ones in daycare.

Jon should make quite a bit of money at his job, and they get a lot of donations even before the show. I don't think I would allow that kind of intrusion in my home, but I guess to each his own. I do enjoy watching the little ones. :)

12. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 8, 2008

Kate CAN NOT WORK. She can not afford daycare cost for her kids if she did work. I know they do not make good enough to do to the things that they do. They thankfully acept the gifts(trips). Would you not accept the trips if given for free? Come on you know you would! Does it matter where the girls go to school? They could be getting a sclorship(I know privite schools give them out too). You do not know! I do not see anything that would tell me that these kids are going to be messed up. If you do not like Jon and Kate plus 8 Do not watch it! Stop badmouthing a nice family. So Kate can be hard to take at times. You would be hard to take at times if you have 8 or more kids! come on! I hope this poor family is not listening to all this bad mouthing that some people are doing to their family! It's sad!

13. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 8, 2008

That is prob per child. Anyway you must me rich if you do not think $3,000.00 a mo. is a lot of money.

14. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Oct 8, 2008

Jon has already quit his job to stay home and help with the kids.

15. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Oct 8, 2008

I think you are right on that. So, neither parent has a real job - other than doing a television show that exploits their children.

Yes, I used to watch this show. But, there was one program in particular that was absolutely repulsive. Jon and Kate were sitting and answering questions for the whole show. It really showed just what a b--ch Kate is - and what a wimp Jon is. So, that was the last time I watched the show.

I don't for a minute believe that this is a nice family. Kate has alienated almost all of her own family, including relatives that used to be on the show. The same is true of many former family friends.

Right now, it's all about the $$$ for these parents.

http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/

16. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 8, 2008

I did not know this. I belive you, but wonder where you go this info. Where did you hear that Jon quit his job?

17. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Oct 8, 2008

Gosh, it has been so long since I heard it, but I think he makes a brief comment of one of the shows. He and Kate oversee production of their show and have speaking engements, too. I believe he is portrayed as working out of the home now.

18. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 8, 2008

NewTeacher, did the magazine say why the twins were having a hard time with "everything"? and what is everything? what do they mean?

19. janlee

janlee Devotee

Oct 8, 2008

My sister lives in Lancaster, PA and has seen the family twice at outings, at the amusement park and at the Strousburg train. I will only say that my sister said everyone could not take their eyes off of the family because of the yelling and screaming that Kate and Jon were doing in public.

20. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Oct 8, 2008

Well the intro should be changed then because the intro says Jon works as an I T analist.

21. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Oct 8, 2008

I must be wrong--or could he have quit since the intro was filmed? I will try to find out. Sorry if my info is wrong--but I was almost sure he quit to stay home and help since they have adequate income from the show and talk appearances. Does he work from home as an IT analyst?