GS drama

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by becky, Dec 30, 2009.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 30, 2009

Me too lol

2. becky

becky Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2009

No, she does love GS. She has told me long ago she wants to finish all the levels and maybe be a leader herself one day.

3. becky

becky Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2009

I could probably rate a Lifetime movie!:lol: Let's see....

My two original co-leaders secretly split from me, in part because I wouldn't keep out a particular girl.

They almost successfully stole one of my girls away, then told lies about me to her mom, so the mom would transfer her.

GS was going to assist this stealing of a girl, because they are 'thankful for anyone stepping up to lead.'

The mom involved recently told me she forgave those two hayseeds, and she posts on her Facebook the things they all do together, while her girl is never allowed to come to field trips I plan.

Oh- and yesterday she told me she now wants to sit in on meetings and observe. Anybody else smell a set up here? She said she'll even help, but every time I ask her to do something, I get a list of why she can't do it.

My cookie mom told me not long ago she was friends with the hayseeds, too. They told her the same lies they told that mom.

Finally, the cookie mom 'loses' our cookie money. This has been my GS year.

If I get that Lifetime movie, I think I want Rosie o' Donnell to play me..maybe Chris Noth to play my husband, lol.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 31, 2009

This is why whenever I order something from kids at school for fundraisers, I always write it down and keep it in my desk. It would be so easy for them to say they lost the money or it was stolen or even that I never ordered from them or gave them money. And a lot of the fundraisers kids bring in are from outside clubs.

Anyone remember the movie Troop Beverly Hills? They had the one leader spy on her, too, remember? haha.

5. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Dec 31, 2009

lol! My older daughter was in a troop similar to the one in Camp Beverly Hills, at the same time my younger daughter's troop was the "Red Feathers". We both attended the same over-night camp. We cooked on an open fire with Buddy Burners and a Dutch Oven. My older daughter's troop had pizza delivered! :lol:

6. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Dec 31, 2009

People say I'm old fashioned, but when I used to have the money to do these things I would write a check. That way I had proof of paying money and who I paid it to. At a job I had, some woman was collecting money for a cancer walk. She was all can you donate. I wall all, ok. How much do you recommend. She was like 20 is a good amount. I thought it was a bit high, but I was all it's for a good cause. So, I was all what cancer society are you doing the walk for. She seemed sketchy. I was all who do I make the check out to? She was all they don't take checks. That's when I said I'm sorry I don't have cash on me, which I usually don't anyway. She even was like oh, maybe you can go to the ATM (which was six blocks away :eek:) during lunch and give me the cash. Anyway, I didn't. She got fired some time later and we found out she taken the money and spent it on booze. She had an alcohol problem.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2009

I'm all like not into drama at all.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 31, 2009

:rolleyes:

9. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Dec 31, 2009

[​IMG]

When I was a GS...I don't ever remember seeing that kind of drama out of a troop or troop leader...geez. Takes all the fun out of what it is for. I had the best time in GS.

10. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2010

They might have kept it from the girls. My Jeannie has no idea our cookie money went missing.

11. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

Jan 1, 2010

I hate that this has happened to you, becky! You think about what GS is around to do-- to serve, help others, and to teach girls how to be kind and caring to everyone around them -- and then the moms do the exact opposite. Ugh! I hope they get a wake up call someday and realize how they're acting. :dizzy:

12. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2010

Today I got a comical update from Jeannie's old troop.
    As her last meeting with them appraoached, Jeannie's former leader told me there were many girls on a waiting list to take her spot. Today there was a small, troop submitted story about them in the paper, along with a picture. No 'many new girls', though; same old troop.

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 1, 2010

Haha that Dipsy Doodle of a leader was all talk, huh LOL

14. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2010

She was just telling me to not let the door hit me on the way out, lol. Typical her.:rolleyes: