Group presentations?

Discussion in 'Montessori Archives' started by Pattypoo, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Sep 5, 2004
    Sep 6, 2006

Are there certain presentations that you do as a group or is everything individual? This is our second week of school and I am presenting rolling rugs, carrying trays, pushing in chairs, and basic grace and courtesy skills as a group. I also present some practical life, sensorial, and special art projects as a group. What do you do in your classroom? Is everything individually presented? Is the assistant allowed to present a work?

Please no lectures or quotes on Montessori----

3. Yenna

Yenna Companion

Apr 11, 2006
    Sep 7, 2006

Mostly individual, many small group lessons for 3-4 children in the language area (stories, songs, poems, spoken language, reading work and function of words), math (gold beads and blank charts), sensorial games (almost every material has distance games) and practical life (preliminary exercises, grace and courtesy) and only a few whole group (walking on the line, silence game and birthday celebrations).
    Ideally, the assistant is not presenting, just reinforcing the routines and keeping a eye on the entire class.
  4. Pickles

Pickles Rookie

Aug 2, 2006
    Sep 10, 2006

I have a brand-new classroom. None of the children have previous Montessori experience. (tomorrow is our first day!) There will only be 8 children the first week. I'm intending to give group presentations this week on walking, talking, sitting in a chair, rolling a rug, washing hands (at our sink, not the Montessori exercise), unpacking lunch. That sort of thing. Basic classroom behaviors.